iPod shot to death | iLounge News

iPod shot to death

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, June 7, 2004
News Categories: iPod

“A UK gadget magazine has committed ‘fowl’ offences against an iPod. In an investigation that may cause many iPod owners some distress, T3 Magazine decided to find out how far they could push an iPod before it gave up the ghost.

The challenge involved dropping an iPod in a muddy field in Wales, driving it in an off-road vehicle, and subjecting it to a clay pigeon shoot and paintball fire.”

« MyPodPuter offers iPod install service

iTunes Music Store Europe on June 15? »

Comments

...And i bet the battery gave out before the casing! lol

Posted by melody on June 7, 2004 at 7:46 AM (PDT)

I bet it still plays!! They are so well made!

Posted by Marco M on June 7, 2004 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

“I bet it still plays!! They are so well made!
By Marco M “

Posted by BUY IRIVER!!! on June 7, 2004 at 1:07 PM (PDT)

tbf, i read t3 and it came runner up to the game boy, not a bad achievement considering its sooo beautiful

Posted by jasper on June 7, 2004 at 1:32 PM (PDT)

some where in the world a poor boy dreams of an ipod of his own.  =

Posted by threesquare on June 7, 2004 at 3:52 PM (PDT)

“What a typical IPod fanboy. If the article is called “IPod shot to death” why would you bet it still plays?”
By BUY IRIVER!!!

why is an iriver fan posting on an ipod web sight?

Posted by ipod person on June 7, 2004 at 5:35 PM (PDT)

“why is an iriver fan posting on an ipod web sight?”

Insecurity.

Posted by stark23x on June 8, 2004 at 12:36 AM (PDT)

what a totally stupid fecking pointles article, you may drop your iPod now and again but I dont suppose you will shoot it - @rse wits

Posted by urban on June 8, 2004 at 4:50 AM (PDT)

Ok… mine was death after a friend dropped it on the floor (around half a meter high…) Im so f… hungry with him now..

Posted by capreolus on June 8, 2004 at 7:00 AM (PDT)

Posted by capreolus on June 8, 2004 at 7:00 AM (PDT)

Posted by capreolus on June 8, 2004 at 7:00 AM (PDT)

YO WHO ELSE THINKS IPOD OWNZZZ

Posted by George on June 8, 2004 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

I’m on this site to try to convert you iPod losers over to the right side.
IRiver has superior looks, sound quality, battery life, transfer speed and navigation. Plus it comes with a radio and In-line recorder. iPod has no inline recording and radio is another 30$

Posted by BUY IRIVER!!! on June 8, 2004 at 1:22 PM (PDT)

WOW u have an amazingly straight point MAN i will buy IRIVER

Posted by George on June 8, 2004 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

Now u changed my life I think Ill stop being Jewish too I love u man

Posted by George on June 8, 2004 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

The iRiver is nice, but it is not very popular. The casing also scratches easily.

The iRiver interface is also quite complex - probably too complex for many people who value the simplicity of the iPod. Then again, the iRiver does more stuff. It’s questionable whether you could design an iPod UI that was much simpler. But if anyone could then it would be Apple.

The main hit against the iRiver is its lack of improvement. Even Apple improves its firmware, albeit slowly.

Nearly a year after release, the iRiver still doesn’t have gapless playback and on-the-go playlists. Granted, Apple refuses to release this feature for older iPods, but you can buy new iPods with this firmware, or upgrade 3G iPods.

For me the coolest thing about the iRiver is its awesome LCD remote. If anything like that was available for the iPod people would pay $100 easily and call it a bargain!

Posted by remote on June 8, 2004 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

TRU DAT REMOTE

Posted by George on June 8, 2004 at 2:24 PM (PDT)

Next time you have the urge to destroy and iPod, give it to me instead!

Posted by Dmo in Montreal on June 8, 2004 at 5:57 PM (PDT)

I have never heard of the iRiver, till now. I’m still going to stick with my ipod.

Posted by WOLFMAN on June 10, 2004 at 6:47 AM (PDT)

Hardcore Testing…ALRIGHT !!!
I am a hardcore Ipod user and I am constantly testing new ways to improve my Ipod experience. I reccomend the extreme mac carrier and the car charging unit. If you always use your Ipod “plugged in” you dont need to worry about the battery failing. (using AC current overrides the battery and it may even lengthen battery life some say) Feel free to hit me with your tips too…

Posted by Godpod in Chicago Il. on June 13, 2004 at 7:10 AM (PDT)