iPod shuffle 2G disappears from Apple Store | iLounge News

iPod shuffle 2G disappears from Apple Store

Following today’s introduction of the expanded color options and a 2GB model for the third-generation iPod shuffle, Apple has removed the option to purchase a second-generation shuffle from the player’s online store listing. Previously, a small link notifying customers that the 2G shuffle was still available could be seen at the bottom of the page; it is unclear whether Apple was continuing to sell the older model to address concerns over the new model’s buttonless control scheme, or to hit a price point below that of the $79 4GB model. A limited number of 1GB and 2GB refurbished second-generation iPod shuffles remain available on Apple’s online store, and sell for $39 and $59, respectively.

« Hands-on live videos of new iPod nano, touch posted

Hands-on with the 2009 iPod Lineup: The Summary »

Comments

If you search for the shuffle, it comes up. However, there is no way to buy it.

Posted by Oscar M. on September 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM (PDT)

That’s a shame.  It’s so much better than the button-less model.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on September 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM (PDT)

@ Galley

Says you. Personally, I like to know what I’m listening to and to have playlists. Buttons are ok, but I MUCH prefer the headphone controller. Easy access, especially when riding a bike.

Posted by BB on September 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM (PDT)

Truthfully, I’ve never been a big fan of the 3G shuffle. The 2G is OK, I guess, though I never really liked the idea of that mini-dock (just another thing to clutter up the top of my desk).

I still have some affection for the original shuffle, and I think that if mine dies, I’ll probably just get the least expensive nano for using at the gym.

Posted by cxc273 on September 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM (PDT)

Apple carefully treads the definition of monopoly where victory is always the Achilles heel.

Posted by john on September 10, 2009 at 7:20 AM (PDT)

I ordered the docking attachment so I can put more songs,the Apple store just told me that they no longer stock them ane cancelled ny order suggeted I check who might have 1 available.

I have the cherging cord, but I muat fine do you have one? Or perhaps you know some one else who does?

I got this for my fourth Aniverrsay, I love the song on the shuffle, Can you help me please.  Nary

Posted by Mary Engman on April 20, 2010 at 1:31 AM (PDT)

My Ipod Shuffle is workihg great, I don’t think that should leave us in all handing us out.  I tried to locate the original hookup devise, i5 was a oehanding out to dry,

Posted by Mary on April 20, 2010 at 1:41 AM (PDT)

My mother is legally blind, the 2nd generation shuffle is the only one she can operate by feel! And the third generation only works with headphones, which we don’t use. How frustrating that they discontinued this!!! One day, the producers of this technology will be old and they will see how it feels!

Posted by Thunder on May 24, 2010 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

I really wish I could get the 2G. The new shuffles are #### for running. I need a source to stock up on the old ones so I can have them for years. I’ll switch to another brand before I switch to that crap one they have now. Really don’t know what they were thinking.

Posted by Kristen on July 4, 2010 at 7:17 PM (PDT)