iPod shuffle 3G poll ends, iPhone OS 3.0 poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Did the new iPod shuffle’s lack of built-in buttons stop you from wanting one?” has ended. Readers could say they were definitely planning or considering purchasing a new shuffle but didn’t like this design, that they like the new design and plan to buy one, or were not planning to buy one and had not changed their minds based on the new design.
Half (50%) of responding readers said that they weren’t interested in buying the shuffle before the third-generation version was announced, and hadn’t changed their minds after seeing the new design. Of those who were open to purchasing an iPod shuffle, roughly two-thirds (66%) said that they were either certain about or mulling a shuffle purchase, but decided not to because of the design, while the remaining third said that they liked the third-generation design and planned to buy one. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPhone OS 3.0. We’d like to know what feature you’re most excited for in the new software. Is it cut and paste? Stereo Bluetooth, Spotlight search, or MMS support? Perhaps the expanded widescreen keyboard support, or push notifications, or some other upcoming feature? Our new poll, “What’s the feature you’re most excited about in iPhone OS 3.0?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Apple investigating after two Foxconn employees died last week
- Apple buys health data startup Gliimpse
- Report: Apple passes on Lyft acquisition
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Standzout Helix Dock for Apple Watch
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app