iPod shuffle clone introduced
LuxPro, a Taiwan-based maker of digital audio products, has introduced what can only be described as a blatant rip-off of Apple’s iPod shuffle. LuxPro’s “Super shuffle,” which is being shown this week at the CeBIT conference in Germany, is nearly identical to the iPod shuffle in every way—from its form factor to its name and advertising.
Made from the same white plastic and featuring the same control pad as the iPod shuffle, the Super shuffle is also the exact length (3.3”) and width (0.99”) as the iPod shuffle. The flash memory-based Super shuffle is a little thicker (0.38”) than the iPod shuffle (0.33”), but offers an FM tuner and voice recorder, which the Apple device lacks.
LuxPro’s music player weighs in at the same as the iPod (.78 ounce), offers the same USB 2.0 connectivity and charging, and even copies the iPod shuffle’s backside slider switch and battery light indicator. The Super shuffle boasts two slider switches, apparently one is needed for general use and one is needed for the extra FM and recording features. The LuxPro product offers MP3, WAV, and WMA support.
Like the iPod shuffle, the Super shuffle is offered only in 512MB and 1GB sizes, and works with both Windows and Mac OS X. Pricing and availability were not immediately available. However, German iPod site iPodLife has provided iLounge with a handful of photos of the device and its advertising at CeBIT, which show that LuxPro is not only cloning Apple’s low-cost player, but is also replicating its well-known silhouette ads.
Click “Read more” for large photos of the Super shuffle and an Apple-like poster.
- Apple patents fourth-generation iPod shuffle
- Updated photo gallery: every new 2012 iPod shuffle
- First photos show 2012 iPod shuffle colors, textures
- New iPod shuffle to debut at WWDC?
- Apple patent points to iPod nano/shuffle speaker
- Despite rumors, iPod shuffle + classic still available
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- Report: BBM iOS app won’t support iPad at launch
- Report: iRadio might miss WWDC debut
- Fair Labor Assoc.: Foxconn, Apple still exceed work hours
- CW to bring content to Apple TV
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
- Cook talks Apple’s taxes ahead of Senate testimony
- iLuv intros Aud 5 Lightning speaker dock for iPhone 5
- Apps: Can Knockdown 3, eBay 3.0/2.3, Jungle Book + Sonic the Hedgehog 2.0
- Apple releases iTunes 11.0.3 with new Mini Player
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Bluelounge MiniDock (With Lightning Connector)
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Pro
- PhoneSuit Flex Pocket Charger
- Olloclip Quick-Flip Case + Pro-Photo Adapter for iPhone 5
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address
- Effect of erasing an iPhone on the Find My iPhone feature
- Organizing video collections on an iPad