iPod shuffle demand ‘unprecedented’
A recent survey of 30 Apple retail stores found that iPod shuffle demand is “unprecedented,” and that meaningful supply of the device has only been available at most stores within the last 10 days. The average iPod shuffle supply per Apple Store is currently 30 to 50 units, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster said today in a research note provided to iLounge. “Apple is selling every shuffle it can produce,” he said. “We believe this demand will carry forward into the June quarter and beyond.”
In addition, Munster said that iPod shuffle demand is also “very strong” at Apple specialist resellers. After speaking with 20 of the resellers, he said that they were (unsurprisingly) having a hard time getting enough of the devices from Apple. “While the resellers had many complaints about their inability to receive sufficient supply of iPod shuffles from Apple, they also indicated, on average, that they expect the quarter to be at or above plan,” he said.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple patents fourth-generation iPod shuffle
- Updated photo gallery: every new 2012 iPod shuffle
- First photos show 2012 iPod shuffle colors, textures
- New iPod shuffle to debut at WWDC?
- Apple patent points to iPod nano/shuffle speaker
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?