iPod shuffle gets Swarovski crystal makeover | iLounge News

iPod shuffle gets Swarovski crystal makeover

pic Apple’s iPod shuffle a little too plain for your taste? The Crystalshuffle is a custom made iPod shuffle encrusted with Swarovski crystals. Like its big sister the Crystalmini, the product is handcrafted with hundreds of high quality Swarovski crystals, and comes in five colors and designs. The Crystalshuffle
is available in Aquamarine (blue), Peridot (green), and Light Rose (pink) in 512MB and 1GB sizes for $299 and $349, respectively. It also comes in Flower Power and Light Rose/Peridot Zebra in 1GB sizes only for $529.

« Motorola reveals iTunes phone capacity; ROKR due this month

Huge iPod shuffle ad in Australia »

Comments

There’s only one thing I could say about those crappy Slipcovers. (BTW; Anyone here ever play Project Zero (or Fatal Frame)??)

MY EYS…. MY EYES!!!

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on March 10, 2005 at 5:16 AM (CST)

Geeze, come on! What a ripoff! Buy your own crystals, you can buy them in a kit, and do up your own Shuffle for god’s sake.. that’s just such a freakin ripoff. It’d take you an hour to do your own if you want something so tacky. Then again, if you want something that tacky, you’d probably just pay the money for it and be happy. Bleh.

Posted by Kloan in Toronto, ON on March 10, 2005 at 12:42 PM (CST)

Due to my lack of English vocabulary I didn’t post my thougths before. TACKY was the word I was looking for. ...if you want something that tacky… Thanks Kloan.

Posted by iYuc in Yucatan on March 10, 2005 at 2:41 PM (CST)

Lame-bling.

Posted by ~JT~ in South Pasadena, CA on March 10, 2005 at 3:09 PM (CST)

It’s a good start, but they need to include the lanyard cap with a platinum chain.

Bling!

Posted by minty on March 11, 2005 at 3:50 PM (CST)

Hi newbie here. Did this myself in a polk-a-dot pattern. (Dark Pink background w/ Orange dots). I can’t wait to post a pic.

~~~Angeline~~~

Posted by Angie-Babie in U.S.A. on March 21, 2005 at 12:30 PM (CST)

The actual cost for the materials to cover the ipod shuffle are around $40-$60.  It cost about $70 to cover my flip phone and about 6 hours to put the crystals on.  And that was my first and only time putting crystals on a phone.  Substract the $100 it cost for the shuffle, thats $429, then another $60 for the materials ($369), the creator is being paid about $60 ($369/6) per hour…

Posted by ladynpink87 on March 23, 2005 at 11:00 AM (CST)

^that is for the designed ones.  For the same color crystal shuffles they are charging $200-$300 (minus shuffle price) then -$60 = $140-$240…the time to put on all same color crystals should take about 3 - 4 hours.  Thats about $35-$60 per hour…which isnt quite so bad as the designed ones

Posted by ladynpink87 on March 23, 2005 at 11:08 AM (CST)

For any of you that have done this, what glue would you recommend?  I would probably glue them to a case, not directly to an iPod.  Would any glue adhere to the silicone cases or should I use a hard plastic case?

Posted by cttcrazy in Alabama on March 28, 2005 at 10:56 AM (CST)

I used gem tac glue when putting crystals on my cell phone.  I’m not sure what the right type of glue would be to use with the materials you are working with.  The best thing to do it decide what you are going to use as the foundation and then go to a craft store and ask someone who is working there for advice.  If you do use a silicon case that must be pulled down over your ipod, keep in mind that as soon as you take it off most of the crystals will fall off from bending/ stretching it.

Another tip, at the craft store i shop at I was sold a little plastic stick with wax at the tip of it.  I don’t know if this is a popular item or not, but it was very beneficial.  The crystals would stick to the wax until placed done on my phone, which was much easier than using my fingers.

Posted by ladynpink87 on April 2, 2005 at 10:30 PM (CST)

ooh i got one of these except it was on my moblie phone/cell phone/hand phone whatever u call it if u wanna c mine add me .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) itsz hot hot hot!!

luv wurve
x x shaheera x x*.

Posted by shaheera purrdy on January 5, 2006 at 12:00 PM (CST)

much cheaper, better quality

Posted by Shelly on January 20, 2006 at 5:05 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2