iPod Socks begin shipping | iLounge News

iPod Socks begin shipping

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Saturday, November 20, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

piciLounge has received shipment confirmation from Apple for a set of the company’s iPod Socks. The $29 accessories, which should also be in Apple retail stores soon, were originally projected to ship in early December. The iPod Socks come in a six-pack of vibrant colors—green, purple, grey, blue, orange, and pink. Watch iLounge for a full review of the iPod Socks in the coming weeks.

« Kate Spade unveils designer iPod mini cases

Rivet iGrab harness for iPod unveiled »

Comments

I think they’re funny.  I’m not buying any, mind you, but they’re funny.

Posted by tpmn on November 22, 2004 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

It’s a free market economy….. if you want an iPod sock or Armani sweater or Mercedes or Burberry iPod case or a pair of Levi’s, go buy and enjoy. If they don’t appeal to you,  then have a generic cola if that’s your choice and get over it.

Posted by miketex on November 22, 2004 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

narco, Nagromme, I agree with you cats… If you don’t like them, don’t buy them.  But don’t tell me your not going to eventually end up with them.

And why is this “retail markup” concept such news to so many people?  There is nothing you can buy at ANY store that isn’t retail marked up.  Even on sale, the products are STILL above wholesale cost.  Why would Apple be any different?

As a shareholder, I’d hope they wouldn’t be.

cheers

Posted by apple juice in USA on November 23, 2004 at 5:13 AM (PDT)

For that price, the short cotton sock iPod bags better come with a $20 bill.

My “marked up” socks that I buy from the store come in a half-dozen pair for $10.

Come to think about it, that price is in US dollars…  Use traditionally skewed Apple accounting practices to overcharge Canadians even more for an absurd currency conversion, and they expect me to pay $39 CDN plus taxes.

Maybe I’ll just buy a CD for $12 CDN from a store instead.

Apple has sunk to a new low.

Posted by John97 in Victoria, BC on November 23, 2004 at 7:14 AM (PDT)

Puppykicker I think what he was saying is that you pay for the name. Not the product. If you want quality, like the Vaja cases, then you would go for a Volvo instead of a Mercedes. Personally I think Vaja cases are ugly (Volvo’s), but I love the look of JAVOedge cases (Mercedes). Do you see the diference? One offers quality while the other offers looks. In the end, you pay for the name.

Posted by Jonathan Rodriguez on November 23, 2004 at 7:23 AM (PDT)

zip - was making a joke you didn’t seem to get. anyways, i’m just hoping they can get a good case out for the ipod photo, then they can worry about socks and underwear for it.

Posted by nexpos in USA on November 23, 2004 at 2:42 PM (PDT)

I think it’s sometimes easy to overlook the detailed genius of Apple design. I bought these because I considered how I already use the standard Apple iPod case is the same way I’d use the sock. The sock will have the advantage, however, of protecting the sides of the iPod, and won’t have the belt clip sticking out. As for the extra socks, they could be white elephant gifts, or traded with friends.

Posted by SilverMeteors in Tampa on November 29, 2004 at 10:05 AM (PDT)

I just love them! The design is perfect, the colors wonderful and the silliness is perfect. Best iPod sleeve in the world…. and Apple is the only company who cloud have designed them. Fantastic idea: socks, cause every other iPod case sucks i.m.h.o.

Worth every dollar!!

Posted by encoder on December 2, 2004 at 1:41 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2