iPod Socks now available for order | iLounge News

iPod Socks now available for order

picAfter announcing them at its special music event last month, Apple has now added the iPod Socks to its online store. “Dress your iPod up in any one of six vibrant color socks (green, purple, grey, blue, orange, and pink). This set of knit socks provides a stylish, fun, and practical way to protect your iPod. So add a dash of color to your iPod with iPod Socks, the year’s coziest and most vibrant iPod accessory. It doesn’t matter which iPod model you have because iPod Socks fit all of them. And it doesn’t matter what your mood is because each iPod Socks package includes six bright colors so you can pick the one that feels best. Forgive us if we’re stating the obvious, but here’s how it works: Just slide your iPod into the sock to keep it safe and warm. Slide it out to dock or change playlists. It’s as easy as… putting on a pair of socks.” The iPod Socks are priced at $29 and will begin shipping in early December.

« O’Reilly releases ‘iPod Fan Book’

Should Apple open up the iPod to developers? »

Comments

Ok, then.

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 1:07 PM (CST)

Gawd.  What’s next?  iPod PANTS?  iPod MESH T-SHIRTS?  STOP THE MADNESS!

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 1:34 PM (CST)

This is simply the THE MOST important evolution of the iPOD’s history!  The missing piece!

Now, some questions for all of the early adopters who have been using these gems:
- Are they color-fast?
- Do they keep your feet warm?

Makes me wonder if I should start sizing my shoes accordingly (Mini, G3 40G, Photo 60G, etc.)

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 1:38 PM (CST)

I’m going to order a pair of red ones for Derek Jeter….

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 1:47 PM (CST)

I hope you all realize that these are not for your feet ;).

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 2:53 PM (CST)

Yes, m. sherman, but I wonder how many people will actually buy them thinking that you wear them.

Probably fits a platypus.

Fishes,
narco.

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 4:05 PM (CST)

There really are some marketing geniuses at Apple.

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 5:45 PM (CST)

ipod socks suck(s)

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 7:13 PM (CST)

I’d buy one—the white one.

Oh, wait, you have to buy ALL the colors, and none of them is white.

I’ll use a real sock then.

Posted by LC Angell on November 10, 2004 at 11:42 PM (CST)

Conversation overheard in the near future:

Sniff. Hey!  Your iPod smells like a dirty sock!

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 5:59 AM (CST)

Great gimmick for employers who give iPods as incentives or for rich uncles who plan to get iPods for everyone this holiday season. For the rest of us? meh

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 8:27 AM (CST)

I can’t believe everyone thinks these are for real. It’s just a JOKE. How embarrassing.

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 9:22 AM (CST)

A prerequisite of a joke is it has to be funny….

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 9:32 AM (CST)

I’m thinking…ummm…iShoe, iSneaker (comes in iHightop & iLowtop), iLoafer with iPenny included to wear with your iPod Socks.

:) I’m rich, I’m rich.

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 9:44 AM (CST)

I’ll buy ONE for $6.99 when someone sells them individually on eBay.

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 11:25 AM (CST)

i see no reason to think they’re a joke.

also, i would much prefer to have them available as singles insted of a $30 pack.

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 11:54 AM (CST)

iThink iSocks are iDiotic.

But what do iKnow?

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 1:48 PM (CST)

for not liking them, you seem to have visited this page a lot.

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 3:56 PM (CST)

Zip!  So I guess what you are saying is that I should put a sock in it?  Apologies.

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 5:08 PM (CST)

hahaha, clever.

i really am surprised no other vendors have really tried something like this (i realise there were small home made “socks” available, but i like the idea of a case that can keep the ipod from getting scratched in my pocket, but is easy to slip out of.  i would have liked something like the cinch bag that came with the ipod, only more snug.

Posted by LC Angell on November 11, 2004 at 8:26 PM (CST)