iPod Software 2.0.1 Update Released | iLounge News

iPod Software 2.0.1 Update Released

Apple has released the iPod Software 2.0.1 Update.

What

« Pre-order iTrip for new iPods

Incase Releases New Sleeve for iPod »

Comments

i dont know about windows 98 se, but i do know that when you update your pod its like restoring so your gonna lose any info on it….

Posted by Edwin on June 22, 2003 at 7:40 PM (CDT)

I did not lose any of my music updating my 30GB iPod from Windows 2000.

Posted by Andrew McDonald on June 22, 2003 at 8:23 PM (CDT)

Dont for get that if you are using an unpowered firewire cabel you need to plug your Ipod INTO TEH POWER TO COMPLETE THE UPGRADE. I forgot and though that I had blown it up.

Posted by Andy on June 23, 2003 at 3:36 AM (CDT)

Dont for get that if you are using an unpowered firewire cable you need to plug your Ipod INTO THE POWER TO COMPLETE THE UPGRADE. I forgot and though that I had blown it up.

Posted by Andy on June 23, 2003 at 3:38 AM (CDT)

Update of v 2.0.1 firmware on 30G iPod using Windows XP went very smoothly.

FYI for those who haven’t done it yet:

1)Download the software
2)Double click the setup file you just downloaded to install the software.
3)Reboot your computer
4)Place your iPod in the dock
5)Start the iPod Manager/Updater program

Some helpful hints that worked for me:
a)I did all my downloading and installing without the iPod in the dock(some people experienced trouble when rebooting with iPod in dock)

b)Once the iPod is in the dock and you start the updater, be patient and WAIT for it to recognize the iPod(The update button will initially be grayed out, but will become activated once it sees the iPod)

c)READ the updater as it’s doing the update and follow the instructions. (Your computer screen will read “Updating firmware please wait” or “Updating firmware please do not disconnect”).  When the whole process is completed it will let you know you may disconnect the iPod. Make sure you do it properly by stopping the device in Windows first of course.

d)I did NOT lose all of my MP3s already loaded on the iPod.  Updating firmware should not do that.  Restoring will.

Not that it should matter much but, I have a 1.5Mhz AMD processor and the actual updating process took somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-5 minutes from start to finish.

No more skipping songs after playing only a portion of the file, Whoooo hoooo!!!!!

Good luck!

Posted by Max on June 23, 2003 at 4:58 AM (CDT)

well, my 15gb is now (un)happily on its way back to the maker via Airborne Express. After attempting the update, I called tech service. they advised to let the battery drain and then try to reinstall after 24 hours.

after 24 hours, it was deader than dead. reset buttons did absolutely nothing. Its on its way back…hopefully I’ll get less of a lemon this time…

Posted by todd on June 23, 2003 at 8:12 AM (CDT)

I also experienced the thing “cannot connect to ipod” and I just removed the check in enabled disk mode and rebooted the system…Hoala click the update until finished and the clicks between tracks are gone. Thank you Apple. I love my Ipod.

Posted by Robcoun on June 24, 2003 at 8:44 PM (CDT)

Posted by Robcoun on June 24, 2003 at 8:45 PM (CDT)

How do i stop the
Notify me when someone replies to this post?

i have the info i need and keep getting someone has replied to my post.
thanks

Posted by justaguy on June 24, 2003 at 9:10 PM (CDT)

There should be a line at the bottom of the e-mails you receive that says, “To remove yourself from receiving further notifications from this thread, click here:” with a link after.  Just click it.

Posted by CyberInferno on June 25, 2003 at 10:25 AM (CDT)

thanks CyberInferno i found and pasted the link

Posted by justaguy on June 25, 2003 at 9:46 PM (CDT)

Hi, I have a 15 GB iPOD that refuses to unlock !!! I have tried to reset it but to no avail. I let the battery run out completely and did not use the ipod for 24 hours but when I placed it on the craddle the Lock sign appeared again.
I can only run it using the remote control.  Any suggestions before I update the software.  I use MMJB 8.0.

Posted by Ziad Abichaker on November 7, 2003 at 5:32 AM (CST)

dfghdf

Posted by srt on April 3, 2006 at 5:06 AM (CDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4