iPod storage poll ends, iPod shuffle 3G poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “How much storage space would your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone have?” has ended. Readers were given choices including 2GB or less, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128GB, or 256GB or more.
We were interested to see a marked increase in the amount of storage responding readers said they were looking for in their ideal iPod. The 64GB and 256GB options were equally popular, grabbing 27% of the vote each, and 128GB was the third most popular option, with 19% of the vote, showing that 73% of all respondents wanted 64GB or more of storage capacity. That was followed by 32GB with 18%, 16GB with 6%, 8GB with two percent, and 2GB or less with one percent of the vote. In light of the announcement of the iPod shuffle 3G, it’s interesting that the 4GB option received only 11 votes—the least popular option for an “ideal 2009 iPod” with zero percent. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the just-announced third-generation iPod shuffle. We want to know what you think of the new buttonless design. Has the lack of buttons dissuaded you from making a planned purchase or from considering the shuffle, or do you like the new design and plan to pick one up? Or were you not planning to purchase a shuffle, and remain unaffected by the new design? Our new poll, “Did the new iPod shuffle’s lack of built-in buttons stop you from wanting one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Study finds half of kids headphones exceed safe volume limits
- More iPhone 6s devices affected by shutdown bug; iOS update coming
- Apple releases sixth beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Developers pushing back against abusers of Apple’s App Store refund policy
- Apple lobbies for shared data, more public road access to test autonomous driving systems
- Apple Store app update allows purchases from Apple Watch
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple reveals cause of unexpected iPhone 6s shutdowns
- Report: 99 percent of fake Apple chargers found to be unsafe
- Apple offering battery replacements for iPhone 6s models with ‘unexpected shutdown issues’ (Updated)
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Scosche BoomBottle H2O+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Thermos Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Creative iRoar Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10