iPod storage poll ends, iPod shuffle 3G poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “How much storage space would your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone have?” has ended. Readers were given choices including 2GB or less, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128GB, or 256GB or more.
We were interested to see a marked increase in the amount of storage responding readers said they were looking for in their ideal iPod. The 64GB and 256GB options were equally popular, grabbing 27% of the vote each, and 128GB was the third most popular option, with 19% of the vote, showing that 73% of all respondents wanted 64GB or more of storage capacity. That was followed by 32GB with 18%, 16GB with 6%, 8GB with two percent, and 2GB or less with one percent of the vote. In light of the announcement of the iPod shuffle 3G, it’s interesting that the 4GB option received only 11 votes—the least popular option for an “ideal 2009 iPod” with zero percent. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the just-announced third-generation iPod shuffle. We want to know what you think of the new buttonless design. Has the lack of buttons dissuaded you from making a planned purchase or from considering the shuffle, or do you like the new design and plan to pick one up? Or were you not planning to purchase a shuffle, and remain unaffected by the new design? Our new poll, “Did the new iPod shuffle’s lack of built-in buttons stop you from wanting one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple Music Connect to take backseat in iOS 10?
- Apple, others seeking large expanse of land for autonomous car facility
- Apple Music launches $5-per-month student discount plan
- Apple partners with SAP for mobile enterprise solutions
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- LAPD hacked into iPhone 5s for murder investigation
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- Apple hires ex-Nest exec to aid in health initiatives
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)