iPod storage poll ends, iPod shuffle 3G poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “How much storage space would your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone have?” has ended. Readers were given choices including 2GB or less, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128GB, or 256GB or more.
We were interested to see a marked increase in the amount of storage responding readers said they were looking for in their ideal iPod. The 64GB and 256GB options were equally popular, grabbing 27% of the vote each, and 128GB was the third most popular option, with 19% of the vote, showing that 73% of all respondents wanted 64GB or more of storage capacity. That was followed by 32GB with 18%, 16GB with 6%, 8GB with two percent, and 2GB or less with one percent of the vote. In light of the announcement of the iPod shuffle 3G, it’s interesting that the 4GB option received only 11 votes—the least popular option for an “ideal 2009 iPod” with zero percent. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the just-announced third-generation iPod shuffle. We want to know what you think of the new buttonless design. Has the lack of buttons dissuaded you from making a planned purchase or from considering the shuffle, or do you like the new design and plan to pick one up? Or were you not planning to purchase a shuffle, and remain unaffected by the new design? Our new poll, “Did the new iPod shuffle’s lack of built-in buttons stop you from wanting one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Photos claim to show alleged ‘iPad Pro 2’
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Report: Apple Car team running into challenges, launch may slip to 2021
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 5
- Apple under fire for providing refurbished replacements under AppleCare+
- Report: Apple acquires cloud music provider Omnifone? [Update: No]
- Apple releases second iOS 10 public beta
- India clears the way for Apple to open retail stores
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app