‘iPod: The Missing Manual’ book released | iLounge News

‘iPod: The Missing Manual’ book released

O’Reilly and Associates has released a new book for iPods titled, ‘iPod: The Missing Manual.’ “In this book, New York Times tech columnist J. D. Biersdorfer blows open the secret doors of this gleaming, chrome-and-white beauty. With humor and authority, she lays bare an astonishing collection of useful tips, tricks, and shortcuts…” The book covers all Mac and Windows iPod models, iTunes, MusicMatch, iTunes Music Store and retails for $24.95.

« Cringely: One Possible Future for a Music Business

“BuyMusic.com blocks Mac access” »

Comments

is there anything in this book we couldn;t findout in the forums

Posted by euphin on July 25, 2003 at 4:59 PM (CDT)

Seriously…

Some of these “Missing Manual” type books I find really funny.  It’s like “Brushing Teeth for Dummies.”  Does something as easy as the iPod really require *344* pages of explanation?

The few nifty things that “Power Users” would like to know can be found online.  ;-)  Of course, being one of them, perhaps I’m being a little mean to the tech-novices… lol

Posted by azdude_15gb on July 25, 2003 at 5:33 PM (CDT)

give me a break.

iPod is straight forward.

money hungry

Posted by Stasyna on July 25, 2003 at 10:12 PM (CDT)

Yeah, the iPod is actually one of those devices that I could figure out right out of the box and never actually have to look at the manual for anything.

I would probably expect to see a lot of stuff about the internals of the iPod, or revealing some secret features that are not common knowledge in order to justify actually purchasing this book.

Moreover, I know that these “Missing Manual” books are actually the name af a series, but this one is poorly titled. Unlike OSX, the iPod actually has a maunal that covers all the important things, and its adequate for the common user.

Posted by Sraphim on July 25, 2003 at 11:04 PM (CDT)

I must admit, I looked at the manual once when I first bought my iPod (I couldn’t work out how to turn it off!). That must have been the only thing I really needed to know that I haven’t worked out myself.

I wonder what there is to put in the manual. How to turn on the backlight? What the sound check does. I could probably cut down most of it to about 1o pages.

Posted by cozzie on July 26, 2003 at 5:12 AM (CDT)

bet they’ve included apple history, design team of iPod, etc.

useless info u can get from a google search

Posted by Stasyna on July 26, 2003 at 12:00 PM (CDT)

if your battery is bad would that make it not be recognized by my computer? if not thandoes someone have a clue to what might be wrong with it

Posted by kcrane on March 19, 2004 at 5:11 PM (CST)

where do i get a manual

Posted by dennis b morley on January 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM (CST)