iPod touch shipping, unboxing photos on flickr [updated] | iLounge News

iPod touch shipping, unboxing photos on flickr [updated]

image

The iPod touch is now available at some Apple Stores, and iLounge’s unboxing and iPod/iPhone comparison photos of the device have appeared on photo-sharing site flickr. The iPod touch comes in a black box, similar to the iPhone’s, and features a photo of the device’s “Now Playing” screen, with album art from artist Corinne Bailey Rae, on the top. Inside the box, and shown in our photos, is a simple clear plastic stand that can be attached to iPod touch’s side to prop it up for widescreen video viewing. While the iPhone’s first screen shows users a picture of the Earth, and states “Activate Phone” before the first sync, the iPod touch shows a picture of an iPod cord, with an arrow above it pointing to iTunes’ icon.

In addition to the photos, iLounge has posted a brief video of the iPod touch in action on YouTube. It is unclear how many Apple Stores have received shipments of the device.

image

Updated: Readers report that iPod touch units are now available in limited supplies in stores throughout the East and West Coasts, as well as the Midwest. One suburban Chicago store already has units on display for hands-on testing.

« See iPod touch, iPhone comparison videos now

mStation announces mophie Wraptor for iPhone, iPod classic, touch, 3G nano »

Comments

Most NY-NJ stores have them, the NYC stores report a shortage of the 8GB version at this point saying they were shipped more of the 16GB version same with 2 jersey stores I spoke with

Posted by Mike Weiss on September 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM (CDT)

So you used HIS picture. I was the first to post Touch pictures, but maybe it was because of the bad quality of the picture and the fact that it was taken in the Apple store. lol

Posted by Bonk on September 13, 2007 at 7:27 PM (CDT)

I ordered mine within minutes of it becoming available on the Australian Apple Store. Current estimate places delivery on 3 Oct. I’m pissed that the US gets it first.

Posted by Japester on September 13, 2007 at 7:34 PM (CDT)

Well that’s great. Can we finally get iTunes Wi-Fi now. I mean, myself being an iPhone user, have been waiting since last week. Apple could have used us as Guinea pigs for it. I wouldn’t mind.

Posted by Chris on September 13, 2007 at 8:05 PM (CDT)

mike—what nj stores did you talk to that have them..i called menlo park and they said thy dont come out til the 28th..i will try again later.

Posted by matt on September 13, 2007 at 8:11 PM (CDT)

any at the columbus, oh easton town center store by any chance…anyone? 16gb of course.

Posted by franticnomad on September 13, 2007 at 8:21 PM (CDT)

I’m with Chris. Surely this signals the arrival of iTunes WiFi.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on September 13, 2007 at 8:37 PM (CDT)

Does this mean that the U.S. Apple online store will start shipping to customers before Sep. 28?

Posted by Sean on September 13, 2007 at 8:46 PM (CDT)

Tice Corner NJ

Posted by Mike Weiss on September 13, 2007 at 9:01 PM (CDT)

Does anybody know if the Lyndhurst, OH (Cleveland area) Apple store carries the Touch yet? I will call tomorrow if no one responds and post the answer.

Posted by Patrick on September 13, 2007 at 9:42 PM (CDT)

The Apple Store at the Chestnut Hill Mall in Newton, MA had a bunch of 16s but no 8s.

Posted by Michael on September 13, 2007 at 9:52 PM (CDT)

anybody from delaware check in on the newark store?

Posted by scott on September 13, 2007 at 9:56 PM (CDT)

Does anyone know if the Saddle Creek Apple Store in Germantown TN have Ipod Touch’s on display?

Posted by George Curran on September 13, 2007 at 10:05 PM (CDT)

Just called the Apple Online store.  No move-up on the 9/28 ship date, but holding firm to that date.

Posted by Brent on September 13, 2007 at 10:10 PM (CDT)

I ordered as soon as the Apple store came back up after the Jobsnote and my order status has changed to “Prepared for Shipment” and I can no longer cancel. I’m hoping maybe it will go out tomorrow…

Posted by David on September 13, 2007 at 10:53 PM (CDT)

David, what time did you order it?  I ordered on Sep 5, 2007 at 02:49 PM PDT, which was the first time I could access the Apple Store, and it still says “Not Yet Shipped” and I can cancel my order (which I would do if I could actually get to the nearest Apple store).

Posted by Mike on September 13, 2007 at 11:08 PM (CDT)

“Michael” Do you know how many 16GB ones were left? I think I may go buy one tomorrow.

Posted by Matt on September 13, 2007 at 11:31 PM (CDT)

“Mike” - my order was placed at 12:15 PDT. I only got you by a couple of hours so hopefully your will go out soon. Good luck…

Posted by David on September 13, 2007 at 11:56 PM (CDT)

Thanks, I really hope I get it soon, I just hope that it ships out ASAP and that I won’t be getting it after stores like Target and Best Buy do.

Posted by Mike on September 14, 2007 at 1:12 AM (CDT)

I just came back from the 5th Ave. Apple Store in NYC and they do have them on display and being sold.

At the time they have both capacities.

Posted by Vinko on September 14, 2007 at 2:46 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >