iPod touch vs. iPad poll ends, iPad mini poll begins
With over 1,600 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Which one of the following four products would you be most likely to purchase today for your own use?”—has ended. Readers were asked whether they would purchase a 3.5” fourth-generation iPod touch, a 4” fifth-generation iPod touch, a 7.85” smaller iPad or a 9.7” full-sized iPad, or whether they would purchase none at all, either because they already have an iPhone or simply aren’t interested in any iOS devices at all.
Over 80 percent of respondents indicated that they would purchase at least one of the devices, with about forty percent of readers opting for the 7.85” smaller iPad, 23 percent for the 9.7” full-sized iPad and 17 percent preferring the 4” fifth-generation iPod touch. Two percent of respondents indicated that they would still prefer the 3.5” fourth-generation iPod touch, even in light of these newer devices. 20 percent of readers expressed no interest at all in the iPod touch or iPad models, with most of these people already owning an iPhone.
With pre-orders for the new iPad mini beginning today, our new poll asks whether you are ordering one or not, and why. If you’re ordering an iPad mini or plan to, is this your first iPad device, a second iPad device, or is it replacing a full-sized iPad? If not, is it because you’re waiting for the next model, getting a full-sized iPad instead, already have another iOS device you’re happy with or are simply not interested in owning any iOS devices at all? Our new poll—“Are you ordering an iPad mini?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone