iPod touch vs. iPad poll ends, iPad mini poll begins
With over 1,600 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Which one of the following four products would you be most likely to purchase today for your own use?”—has ended. Readers were asked whether they would purchase a 3.5” fourth-generation iPod touch, a 4” fifth-generation iPod touch, a 7.85” smaller iPad or a 9.7” full-sized iPad, or whether they would purchase none at all, either because they already have an iPhone or simply aren’t interested in any iOS devices at all.
Over 80 percent of respondents indicated that they would purchase at least one of the devices, with about forty percent of readers opting for the 7.85” smaller iPad, 23 percent for the 9.7” full-sized iPad and 17 percent preferring the 4” fifth-generation iPod touch. Two percent of respondents indicated that they would still prefer the 3.5” fourth-generation iPod touch, even in light of these newer devices. 20 percent of readers expressed no interest at all in the iPod touch or iPad models, with most of these people already owning an iPhone.
With pre-orders for the new iPad mini beginning today, our new poll asks whether you are ordering one or not, and why. If you’re ordering an iPad mini or plan to, is this your first iPad device, a second iPad device, or is it replacing a full-sized iPad? If not, is it because you’re waiting for the next model, getting a full-sized iPad instead, already have another iOS device you’re happy with or are simply not interested in owning any iOS devices at all? Our new poll—“Are you ordering an iPad mini?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new May giveaway
- Latest edition of iLounge Weekly coming Monday
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- iOS 7 design poll ends, iPhone carrier poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- OtterBox acquires LifeProof
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox