iPod touch vs. iPad poll ends, iPad mini poll begins
With over 1,600 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Which one of the following four products would you be most likely to purchase today for your own use?”—has ended. Readers were asked whether they would purchase a 3.5” fourth-generation iPod touch, a 4” fifth-generation iPod touch, a 7.85” smaller iPad or a 9.7” full-sized iPad, or whether they would purchase none at all, either because they already have an iPhone or simply aren’t interested in any iOS devices at all.
Over 80 percent of respondents indicated that they would purchase at least one of the devices, with about forty percent of readers opting for the 7.85” smaller iPad, 23 percent for the 9.7” full-sized iPad and 17 percent preferring the 4” fifth-generation iPod touch. Two percent of respondents indicated that they would still prefer the 3.5” fourth-generation iPod touch, even in light of these newer devices. 20 percent of readers expressed no interest at all in the iPod touch or iPad models, with most of these people already owning an iPhone.
With pre-orders for the new iPad mini beginning today, our new poll asks whether you are ordering one or not, and why. If you’re ordering an iPad mini or plan to, is this your first iPad device, a second iPad device, or is it replacing a full-sized iPad? If not, is it because you’re waiting for the next model, getting a full-sized iPad instead, already have another iOS device you’re happy with or are simply not interested in owning any iOS devices at all? Our new poll—“Are you ordering an iPad mini?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac