iPod Updater 2005-06-26 released | iLounge News

iPod Updater 2005-06-26 released

Apple has now released iPod Updater 2005-06-26, which includes iPod Software 1.2 for “iPod with color display,” iPod software 3.1 for iPod with Click Wheel and iPod software 1.4 for iPod mini. The company said the update contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2005-03-23 for all other iPod models. According to the brief release notes, iPod Updater 2005-06-26 adds integration with iTunes 4.9 for downloading and listening to podcasts.

« Apple quietly cuts 1GB iPod shuffle price

Apple simplifies iPod lineup, adds color screens to all full-size iPods »

Comments

This is a big deal for me as well.  I am thinking of returning my iPod if it is not fixed soon.

Posted by horizontalintegration in East Coast on July 1, 2005 at 6:16 PM (CDT)

latest updater 2005-06-26 breaks the ‘iPod volume booster’. It’s now crash every time I try to start the app. my european 3G iPod needs a volume boost past its EU directive guess I have to restore.

no option to load podcast menu on the main menu either..pants!

Posted by size9 on July 2, 2005 at 10:00 PM (CDT)

latest version seems to fix this.

Thanks

Posted by size9 on July 2, 2005 at 10:06 PM (CDT)

I think the newest update, 3.1 ruined my ipod. I can no longer run with it after updating, it freezes.  It could be just me, but no matter if i can run with it or not, it FREEZES! help

Posted by Anna on July 6, 2005 at 4:56 AM (CDT)

Is podcasts the only thing this update offers that is new? In that case, I’m going back to 1.1 firmware.  I’d rather have “smart playlists” then podcasts.

Posted by Jibbons on July 6, 2005 at 9:34 PM (CDT)

I rolled back to 3.0.2 on my 4G when I realized that the new version broke live updating, but now every time I connect my iPod to my computer, I get nagged to update to 3.1.  Is there any way to stop this?

Posted by Tara on July 7, 2005 at 11:58 PM (CDT)

I have a 20GB click wheel iPod and it was one of those with the static problem, after i installed 3.1 update, the sound issure went away completely and now it sounds great!

Posted by Russ on July 9, 2005 at 2:02 PM (CDT)

I’ve put 3.1 onto my 4g and now i’m having problems!  The screen movements have become jerky, the volume moves in large blocks and sometimes the wheel doesn’t respond at all.  I’ve had to rebuiild my OPC so I’ve lost the old versions, anyone know how I can get them back?  cheers

Posted by ian on July 12, 2005 at 11:22 AM (CDT)

I installed 3.1 on my 4G a couple of days ago, but I’ve now had two episodes (in two days) where the iPod’s battery still has a charge, but in the middle of playing a song/playlist the iPod will tell me that the battery life is gone (full-screen “announcement”) and shut itself off.  I checked it again after 30 mins and it turned on fine and displayed a half-full battery icon.

I’ve never had battery problems like this before; has anyone else experienced these with 3.1 and 4Gs??

Posted by Kelly on July 23, 2005 at 6:59 PM (CDT)

This “update” is awful, plain and simple. Does anyone know if there’s a way to revert back to the 03-23 version? I don’t even have the smart playlists as an option anymore; the only thing listed in Playlists is On-The-Go.

Also, I’m probably hallucinating, but I think the spin-up on the hard drive has been shortened, with the result (for me, anyway) that sometimes a song will hang for a second and then go to the next one.

That’s probably relatively rare; I have a tendency to skip through songs without waiting more than a few seconds, and I don’t pause the iPod while I do that.

Seriously though; is there a way to get back to the 03-23 update?

Posted by Orga on July 26, 2005 at 4:45 PM (CDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3