iPod Updater 2005-09-06 released | iLounge News

iPod Updater 2005-09-06 released

Apple has posted iPod Updater 2005-09-06 for download on its website. The update includes new iPod Software 1.0 for Apple’s iPod nano, but does not bring any new features to current iPods. According to the release notes, iPod Updater 2005-09-06 “contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2005-06-26 for all other iPod models.” As reported yesterday, the iPod nano’s software includes a world clock with multiple time zones, stopwatch, and a screen lock feature.

« Australian iTMS coming next month; Two labels unsigned

Mix: 30GB iPod, Sony players, ROKR, Replacement cycle »

Comments

It’s weird how Apple releases a dummy update for all iPods when a new one comes out. I know why it’s good to have all iPods use a single updater, though.

I think I’ll wait for the NEXT update… with nested playlist folders?

Posted by LC Angell on September 8, 2005 at 12:09 PM (CDT)

So I guess this doesn’t fix the problems with Podcasts on 3rd gen iPods?  My extreme disappointment in apple’s inability to support its “older” hardware means I’ll probably never buy apple again.

Posted by LC Angell on September 8, 2005 at 3:26 PM (CDT)

So sadly, the updating of smart playlists on the iPod still isn’t fixed after being broken in the last ‘podcast’ update. Come on Apple - smart playlists are one of the iPod’s killer features can we have them back working properly please?

Posted by LC Angell on September 8, 2005 at 3:33 PM (CDT)

i downloaded the update… i restarted i did everything… but whats the change?

help.

Posted by LC Angell on September 9, 2005 at 1:45 AM (CDT)

i would like feel the expirience…..

Posted by LC Angell on September 9, 2005 at 3:28 AM (CDT)

Why do I get the feeling that my iPod (though current generation) is going to be stuck as is forever.  Video ipod likely around the corner, I have a feeling this ipod is going to the grave very soon.

Not appealing by apple, I want to have this new “remove from shuffle” feature added to the ipod for one, i’m sick of the itrip workaround :S.  The new iTunes update seems otherwise pretty trivial, can’t use any of the new features on the ipod.

Also they never did fix smart playlists, so I’m staying with the 1.1 firmware.

Posted by LC Angell on September 9, 2005 at 7:46 AM (CDT)

i got my black 4g nano yesterday - the smart playlist updating works on the nano like it used to on my 60g - i had to get the old updater to restore it and was hoping that they would fix it by now.

Posted by LC Angell on September 9, 2005 at 12:19 PM (CDT)

Nagromme,
playlist folders can be nested alright.
Just drag a folder and drop it inside another one.

Posted by LC Angell on September 10, 2005 at 11:56 PM (CDT)