iPod World Flags Photo Contest
We love contests, especially the ones for our Buyers’ Guides. So we’re very excited to announce the first of two new contests today, with the second to be announced on August 15, 2005 in our new Back to School / iPod 101 Guide.
This is the iPod World Flags Contest, with simple rules and major prizes. Three people will win fantastic goodies for their photo entries, and as in the past, we will announce winners and publish all of our favorite entries in the new Guide.
Submit an original digital photograph of any iPod and the flag of your country of residence. You can do anything you want to dress up the photograph beyond that, so be creative! We anticipate that there will be many entries from certain countries, so your photograph will stand out from the rest if you give it some thought. Entries will be judged on composition, creativity, and overall photographic merit.
How to Enter
- Photo size for submission: 640 x 480 pixels (horizontal/vertical)
- Important: Please include your email address and country of origin when uploading photos.
- Super Important: Winners MUST submit full-sized images of 1600x1200 or greater size immediately on request of iLounge.
To prevent cheating, a prize winner may only have his or her prize shipped to the country identified by the flag in the winning photograph. No Photoshopping or other photo editing is allowed, except for color/contrast correction. For obvious reasons, this contest is open to all of our international readers as well as those in the United States.
Grand Prize: Apple Mac mini computer and a set of Shure E5c headphones (combined MSRP, approx. $1000).
Second Place: One set of Shure E4c earphones (MSRP $299) plus a $25 iTunes Gift Card.
Third Place: One random winner from all valid entries receives a set of new Shure E3c earphones (retail value $179). Winner chosen by electronic random drawing.
Special thanks to Shure for sponsoring this contest!
- No Photoshopping or other photo editing is allowed, except for color/contrast correction.
- The flag must be a real flag made of fabric. Bonus points for photo of an actual flag on a pole.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The iPod World Flags Photo Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entries: August 10, 2005, 11:59 pm
- Three photos per person maximum.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- By submitting, you agree that all private information and photographs you submit become the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and the name of the winners will be used to identify the winners in the iPod 101: Back to School Guide.
- Winners will be announced in the iPod 101: Back to School Guide on Monday, August 15, 2005
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
- App Store prices going up in Australia, Indonesia and Sweden
- Apple’s antitrust monitor is leaving for good
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?