iPod World Flags Photo Contest
We love contests, especially the ones for our Buyers’ Guides. So we’re very excited to announce the first of two new contests today, with the second to be announced on August 15, 2005 in our new Back to School / iPod 101 Guide.
This is the iPod World Flags Contest, with simple rules and major prizes. Three people will win fantastic goodies for their photo entries, and as in the past, we will announce winners and publish all of our favorite entries in the new Guide.
Submit an original digital photograph of any iPod and the flag of your country of residence. You can do anything you want to dress up the photograph beyond that, so be creative! We anticipate that there will be many entries from certain countries, so your photograph will stand out from the rest if you give it some thought. Entries will be judged on composition, creativity, and overall photographic merit.
How to Enter
- Photo size for submission: 640 x 480 pixels (horizontal/vertical)
- Important: Please include your email address and country of origin when uploading photos.
- Super Important: Winners MUST submit full-sized images of 1600x1200 or greater size immediately on request of iLounge.
To prevent cheating, a prize winner may only have his or her prize shipped to the country identified by the flag in the winning photograph. No Photoshopping or other photo editing is allowed, except for color/contrast correction. For obvious reasons, this contest is open to all of our international readers as well as those in the United States.
Grand Prize: Apple Mac mini computer and a set of Shure E5c headphones (combined MSRP, approx. $1000).
Second Place: One set of Shure E4c earphones (MSRP $299) plus a $25 iTunes Gift Card.
Third Place: One random winner from all valid entries receives a set of new Shure E3c earphones (retail value $179). Winner chosen by electronic random drawing.
Special thanks to Shure for sponsoring this contest!
- No Photoshopping or other photo editing is allowed, except for color/contrast correction.
- The flag must be a real flag made of fabric. Bonus points for photo of an actual flag on a pole.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The iPod World Flags Photo Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entries: August 10, 2005, 11:59 pm
- Three photos per person maximum.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- By submitting, you agree that all private information and photographs you submit become the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and the name of the winners will be used to identify the winners in the iPod 101: Back to School Guide.
- Winners will be announced in the iPod 101: Back to School Guide on Monday, August 15, 2005
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- Sanction-seeking Apple publicly disclosed Nokia terms
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Fonesalesman iQi Mobile Wireless Charging Receiver
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone