iPod World Flags Photo Contest
We love contests, especially the ones for our Buyers’ Guides. So we’re very excited to announce the first of two new contests today, with the second to be announced on August 15, 2005 in our new Back to School / iPod 101 Guide.
This is the iPod World Flags Contest, with simple rules and major prizes. Three people will win fantastic goodies for their photo entries, and as in the past, we will announce winners and publish all of our favorite entries in the new Guide.
Submit an original digital photograph of any iPod and the flag of your country of residence. You can do anything you want to dress up the photograph beyond that, so be creative! We anticipate that there will be many entries from certain countries, so your photograph will stand out from the rest if you give it some thought. Entries will be judged on composition, creativity, and overall photographic merit.
How to Enter
- Photo size for submission: 640 x 480 pixels (horizontal/vertical)
- Important: Please include your email address and country of origin when uploading photos.
- Super Important: Winners MUST submit full-sized images of 1600x1200 or greater size immediately on request of iLounge.
To prevent cheating, a prize winner may only have his or her prize shipped to the country identified by the flag in the winning photograph. No Photoshopping or other photo editing is allowed, except for color/contrast correction. For obvious reasons, this contest is open to all of our international readers as well as those in the United States.
Grand Prize: Apple Mac mini computer and a set of Shure E5c headphones (combined MSRP, approx. $1000).
Second Place: One set of Shure E4c earphones (MSRP $299) plus a $25 iTunes Gift Card.
Third Place: One random winner from all valid entries receives a set of new Shure E3c earphones (retail value $179). Winner chosen by electronic random drawing.
Special thanks to Shure for sponsoring this contest!
- No Photoshopping or other photo editing is allowed, except for color/contrast correction.
- The flag must be a real flag made of fabric. Bonus points for photo of an actual flag on a pole.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The iPod World Flags Photo Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entries: August 10, 2005, 11:59 pm
- Three photos per person maximum.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- By submitting, you agree that all private information and photographs you submit become the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and the name of the winners will be used to identify the winners in the iPod 101: Back to School Guide.
- Winners will be announced in the iPod 101: Back to School Guide on Monday, August 15, 2005
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store