iPod2Car Adaptor released | iLounge News

iPod2Car Adaptor released

picMulti Technology Equipment has released the iPod2Car Adaptor for controlling your iPod with your car’s factory radio. The iPod2Car allows you to control your iPod’s Next, Previous, Fast Forward & Fast Rewind functions using your car’s radio. The adaptor fits all iPods with dock connectors, is available for most major car models and costs $189.99.

« Older iTunes versions denied iTMS access

Analyst says flash-based iPod by Christmas »

Comments

Very nice, but to bad my car is not listed…

Posted by Zardoz on October 21, 2004 at 9:24 AM (PDT)

This doesn’t do anything different than the 4 or 5 other products just like it that are on the market that cost the exact same price. What’s the benefit of buying this over the others?

You still can’t see any info on the screen.
Cut the price down to $100 and it would be worth it.

Posted by Scot on October 21, 2004 at 10:47 AM (PDT)

Posted by Mike on October 21, 2004 at 11:29 AM (PDT)

Yeah… like an 8 track. I want to plug my ipod straight into the dash as if it were an 8track, and have an 8 or so inch touch sensitive LCD display with big enough text to read without needing much concentration to mimic the ipod screen… touch wheel can be mimicked by a physical dial or something, or a real scroll wheel of some kind.

Posted by JC on October 21, 2004 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

Don’t most of the other solutions require going through the headphone in addition to the dock connector?  Are there other dock-connector only car kits?  Because this sounds like it does what a “car dock” needs to do except an actual dock.

Posted by Wood on October 21, 2004 at 11:52 AM (PDT)

I like how they use dip switches to differentiate the different radio models (of course mine isn’t listed but I’m hopeful that it will be added soon).

Posted by Kevin on October 21, 2004 at 12:01 PM (PDT)

I use the $19 Sik Din and $10 cassette adapter to pretty much do the same thing. Granted I cannot forward or rewind songs through the car stereo buttons, but the iPod is right next to me on the front passenger seat, or one can use a cupholder adapter. I do not need a car radio button to do what iPod is so much better at doing in the first place.

$190?! Meh, no thanks. I will keep my $150 and spend it on something else that is worthwhile.

Posted by Dude on October 21, 2004 at 12:04 PM (PDT)

This is almost a scam actually.  Really I can’t see how this is worth $189.

Posted by iDontthinkso on October 21, 2004 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

I like this sentence on their site: “Want to hear your music at the beast audio quality?”

Beast?

Posted by mweston on October 21, 2004 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

for those of us who want line-level sound (bypassing the iPod’s headphone amplification/processing circuits) or who don’t want two or more wires hanging out of our dash board or who can’t use the tape adapter becuase ouyr head units spit out what they think are no-tape holding tapes, this solution (and other) make sense.
Cast my vote, however,  for the Enfig product.  No head unit control, just line-livel goodness and a total stealth install for 140 bucks.

Posted by webslog on October 21, 2004 at 1:02 PM (PDT)

I saw a lot of misspellings throughout the site. It could be a scam ... or just maybe you can get this with Cherry OS’s software and hook up your iPod to your CD too. wink

Posted by grubesteak in Lawrence, KS on October 21, 2004 at 1:30 PM (PDT)

Cool—works with Prius. Can’t get a much more high-tech driving exeperience that controlling your iPod from a UNIX-based Prius nav system!

Posted by Nagromme on October 21, 2004 at 6:40 PM (PDT)

Mike you put “Lots of vendors have lots of nice toys to plug the iPOD into the car, but they all require us to fiddle with a plug (dock connector, mini jack, etc.) - what we need is a simple “car dock”, similar to the desk version - just drop it in the car dock & drive.”

Dension ICE Link comes with a cradle.

Posted by urbanmac on October 22, 2004 at 4:46 AM (PDT)

yeah but the DENSION is more expensive, (220.00 US).  The extra cash isn’t worth that stupid cradle either. I’d rather just keep my pod in my center console, and us my stereo’s controls.  Thats the point isn’t it?  Along with line level sound quality.  The ipod is so easy to use, but not designed for use while driving, thats for sure.

Posted by apple juice on October 22, 2004 at 5:39 AM (PDT)

I have the neo ion, this looks like the same product

Posted by Downtheroad on October 22, 2004 at 8:10 AM (PDT)

yeah, WTF…..the picture on that site is the SAME EXACT picture as the one from the NEO ION site…....WTF?

Posted by Hughes on October 22, 2004 at 10:19 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know where I can find a device that will hook up to my iPod up my existing Ford factory 6 disc in dash cd changer.  All I want is a device that enables me to hear and charge my iPod without loss of sound quality.

Unfortunately this device and the Neo do not work with the 6 disc in dash changer.  The Icelink and Auxpod will replace my cd changer, which I also do not want.

Any other ideas?

Posted by Ryan on October 22, 2004 at 10:51 AM (PDT)

Just yesterday, the folks at NEO ION confirmed that they make the interface box for the PAC AUX-POD. This looks to be the same thing. Only under a different brand name. I was so impressed with the help and information that they provided me, I bought one from them. I would rather buy from the maker.

Posted by Wade on October 22, 2004 at 11:46 AM (PDT)

If they can’t even spell the word compatibility correctly, i don’t even think i want to buy anything from them.

Posted by Mycroft on October 22, 2004 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

There are 4 things I look for in an ideal iPod in my honda accord.
1) highest quality. check.
2) charges. check.
3) steering wheel control. check.
4) good looking holder/dock. i can find that somewhere else.

I don’t care if they don’t spellcheck as long as it works. Ordered and got a confirmation E-mail.

Posted by Jimmy on October 22, 2004 at 2:10 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >