iPodJuice offers replacement batteries for 5G iPods | iLounge News

iPodJuice offers replacement batteries for 5G iPods

image

iPodJuice has added battery replacement kits for fifth-generation iPods. The company is offering a 550 mAh battery ($24) for 30GB iPod models and an 850 mAh battery ($28) for 60GB and 80GB models. iPodJuice also offers the batteries in complete replacement kits—with an iOpener installation tool, mini screwdriver, and detailed color instructions—for $5 more. You can also send your iPod into iPodJuice to have their technicians perform the battery replacement for as little as $20. In most cases, batteries are replaced the same day that they are received and shipped back to the customer on the following business day, according to the company.

« Report: Hon Hai to manufacture Apple iPhone

Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer: Zune can beat iPod »

Comments

yeah!
now i can charge and discharge my iPod all the time without worrying :-p

Posted by vavoo on November 14, 2006 at 2:47 PM (PDT)

I wonder what’s the quality of these batteries. I’d be worried of them damaging my player too.

Posted by ddsd on November 14, 2006 at 3:05 PM (PDT)

The 5th gen. batteries are burning out already?

Posted by Matt on November 14, 2006 at 5:34 PM (PDT)

My 5G iPod battery still seems to be as good as it was when I got it. Actually, although I don’t think this is possible, but it seems to have a longer battery life when playing video.

I suspect that this move is preemptive, as the the 5G is 1-year-old now, and the factory warrenties are beginning to expire. Before now, if someone had a battery problem or otherwise, all 5G iPods were still covered by Apple.

Posted by Jason on November 15, 2006 at 7:55 AM (PDT)

Why are these batteries not as powerful as current 5G batteries that have several hours video playing time? Does the new 5G have a low power comsumption motherboard compared to the older ones? I had thought I would just be able to get a new battery eventually that would equal the playing time of newer 5G’s.

Posted by Andy on November 15, 2006 at 9:11 AM (PDT)

the newer 5th gens have the same battery as the older 5th gens.  they just have newer technology and better power conservation

Posted by bozz on November 15, 2006 at 9:53 AM (PDT)

the 5G and the 5.5G use exactly the same battery and with the same firmware you get exactly the same playback time!

Posted by adasd on November 15, 2006 at 12:34 PM (PDT)

Full Disclosure: I’m the owner of ipodjuice.com

Hey guys - great posts.  It’s so nice to read a rehash of one of our press releases that is concise, accurate, and all of the links work (good job, LC!).

To answer some of your questions, yes, we’re seeing an increase in the number of customers buying batteries for their iPod Videos, so the stock battery is dying out already or they’re looking for a additional boost of playtime between charges.

ddsd: our bats are fully-compatible with your iPod and we’ve never had trouble with them damaging an iPod (17k customers to date!).

We offer a slighly-longer playing battery for the 60GB and 80GB iPod Video because there was a tad more space inside the player so we were able to develop a slightly larger battery - it’s these additional cells that allow for the increased playtime that we advertise.

Hope that answers some of your questions - take care.

Anthony Magnabosco, Owner
Milliamp LTD (ipodjuice.com)

Posted by iPodJuiceDotCom on November 15, 2006 at 8:15 PM (PDT)

I used their product and installed a replacement battery for my 5th generation video 30 gig Ipod without problems a few days ago.  Their instructions were good, the included tool was very helpful.  All in all, took 15 minutes and most of that was opening the Ipod.  I was very pleased with their service and product.  Very cost effective and you get to keep your own ipod! (I’m not affiliated with the company at all)

Posted by Ewl on September 21, 2008 at 10:28 AM (PDT)