iPodlounge growth drives expansion, rebranding to iLounge | iLounge News

iPodlounge growth drives expansion, rebranding to iLounge

A Message from Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iPodlounge

Back in 2001, I started iPodlounge as a place for iPod owners and admirers to learn about the world’s coolest invention. The idea was simple: create a friendly, relaxed lounge where good people could hang out and meet other good people.

In our first few months, hundreds of visitors checked out the site, telling their friends and families about both the iPod and iPodlounge. They kept coming back, so it’s no surprise that iPodlounge has grown. Now we have a community of over 65,000 forum members, over 3,000,000 visitors a month to our main site, comprehensive coverage of every iPod ever released (plus every major iPod accessory), and some of the most incredible photo galleries ever assembled. This past month, we had over 20,000,000 page views, and thanks to your readership, the numbers just keep going up.

Today I have some exciting news to share: iPodlounge is expanding. For years, we’ve been known around the world by our name and our famous tagline, “All Things iPod.

« DLO debuts TransPod for iPod shuffle

Mix: Plantronics/Altec Lansing, Blogcast, London bombing »

Comments

jack campbell of dvforge telling people how to build a brand?  that’s funny. jack, you build shit products, lie to people about them, and are the laughing stock of the internet. have -you- ever thought about a name change?

Posted by amazing on July 25, 2005 at 11:02 AM (CDT)

Ipod frozen computer crashed.  Need to take music off Ipod and restore it back into i-tunes

Posted by Michael on July 29, 2005 at 9:52 AM (CDT)

Loooong time reader, old time poster, and I just wanted to say I am disappointed in the site of late. I really am not fond of the new layout and find myself visiting less and less. People point to the ads but it is more than that. There is something just not right about it.

As for the iLoung monkier, again, there is something there that just doesn’t work, especially where it once did.

To put it mildly I am disappointed and hate to see this is the new direction for a website I have enjoyed for so long. In any case good luck, I wish you continued success but I will miss what once was.

Well at least I still have my original iPodlounge.com T-Shirt. ;)

Posted by SpideyPod on July 29, 2005 at 12:01 PM (CDT)

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but “All things iPod - iPodlounge” sounds alot better, and also covers iTunes because of course, iTunes is something to do with the iPod.

I wouldn’t be suprised if your visitor count slowly dropped after this change. I’d much rather register with iPodlounge, than I would with iLounge.

In fact, I am a constant visitor, but not a registered member. I find all my questions have already been answered on the forum and saw no reason to join, simply reading others replies was enough help, and if for once I couldn’t find a decent answer, I was safe in the knowledge that I could register and ask myself. Now, after the name change I am thinking maybe iLounge isn’t the site for me, and is in fact another disapointment in my search for the ideal iPod forum.

Posted by J on August 14, 2005 at 12:45 PM (CDT)

i had a problem with my computer and all my songs were deleted some how.  i know that if i plug my ipod into my computer the songs will be erased from my ipod becasue ipod mirrors what is on itunes.  does anyone know how i can get the songs from my ipod onto my itunes library without deleting everything on my ipod.  responses would be greatly appreciated.  you can respond to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by BTF on August 18, 2005 at 3:01 PM (CDT)

j, congrats on the most ignorant post i’ve read on this site. you say you come here, and gotten all the answers you need, but a name change would stop you from visiting? how stupid is that? and hard to believe no less?

if you are even telling the truth, leeches like you add nothing to a community site like this one. you won’t be missed.

Posted by Qz on August 20, 2005 at 1:50 AM (CDT)

Hi. My hard disk crashed with my entire playlist. Is there a away to transfer the songs in my ipod into a brand new empty playlist?

Posted by Flavia on August 24, 2005 at 3:49 PM (CDT)

jack campbell talking about brand awareness and name changes? That dumbsheet just filed for bankruptcy.

Posted by amazing on August 25, 2005 at 1:52 PM (CDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages ‹ First  < 2 3 4