iPodMods offers new iPod modifications | iLounge News

iPodMods offers new iPod modifications

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, April 8, 2004
News Categories: Hacks | Mods

iPodMods is now offering several new iPod modification services including; changing the color of your iPod’s LCD backlight ($75), changing the color of the four touch buttons on a 3rd generation iPod ($65), changing the LEDs on the Belkin Battery Pack ($25) and TuneCast FM Transmitter ($25). All modifications are available exclusively at iPodMods.com.

« Major labels want to raise the price of online music

Did you replace your iPod earphones? »

Comments

Wow…intresting.

Posted by Boaguy on April 8, 2004 at 11:45 AM (PDT)

Cool. All we need now is a colur screen.

Posted by WOLF MAN on April 8, 2004 at 12:18 PM (PDT)

blue buttons is pretty cool.  Be nice ot match the colour of the screen.  I don’t know that I care for changing the screen colour, though.  Especially since the pictures of the green backlight look bad.

Posted by bennok on April 8, 2004 at 12:24 PM (PDT)

can you say niche??? Does any one see the cell phone mod market taking over the iPod as well???

Posted by niche on April 8, 2004 at 12:29 PM (PDT)

wow, im very impressed with the button color change. i really like that alot.

Posted by bb_dg on April 8, 2004 at 1:25 PM (PDT)

If it didn’t coid my warrenty I would seriously contemplate this idea.

Mike

Posted by mike on April 8, 2004 at 1:43 PM (PDT)

Why?

Posted by Randy on April 8, 2004 at 2:28 PM (PDT)

What about the headphone color?  They only match the ipod, not the ipod mini.  Why are they only white?

Posted by Sam on April 8, 2004 at 2:44 PM (PDT)

try it

Posted by spraypaint on April 8, 2004 at 3:38 PM (PDT)

well it is very interesting, but i dont really feel comfortable letting those guys touch my ipod in those places.  we’ll see tho

Posted by armless on April 8, 2004 at 3:45 PM (PDT)

omg omg omg i gotta get my ipod the blue button mod and the ble screen mod ....i just creamed my pants

Posted by Krzysztof Sikorski on April 8, 2004 at 3:57 PM (PDT)

Wow, add some of these options to your custom color Colorware iPod and you’ve got one pimp MP3 player smile

Posted by twinattack on April 8, 2004 at 4:30 PM (PDT)

Hmmmm, those buttons look off-centered.

Posted by Ryan on April 8, 2004 at 4:38 PM (PDT)

That’s because of the shadow through the clear plastic.

Posted by Musulsa on April 8, 2004 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

It’s the angle.

Posted by Sam on April 8, 2004 at 4:56 PM (PDT)

one thing i don’t see mentioned is how the modded ipods look withOUT the backlight. i saw an ipod mod awhile back where the guy inserted a red (or maybe orange) gel to change the color of his screen. it looked neat, but the gel darkened the screen made the ipod unusable without the backlight turned on, which drains the battery real quick-like.

Posted by Josh on April 8, 2004 at 9:04 PM (PDT)

Love the blue button mod.  I think I might have this done.

Posted by Z on April 9, 2004 at 2:29 AM (PDT)

^ Same here.. I want blue buttons to match my screen smile

Posted by Syph on April 9, 2004 at 3:51 AM (PDT)

The mods are nice, but somebody mentioned it would “void” your warranty?  Can anybody shed some light on this issue?

Posted by Asian_N02 on April 9, 2004 at 4:07 AM (PDT)

looks cool, really does..but im scared to void my warranty. If you crack open your ipod, and tinker with it..apple wont help you if something goes wrong. So proceed with caution. I wish i could do it…but I dont want to run the risk.

Posted by kernyB on April 9, 2004 at 4:56 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >