iPodMods offers new iPod modifications | iLounge News

iPodMods offers new iPod modifications

iPodMods is now offering several new iPod modification services including; changing the color of your iPod’s LCD backlight ($75), changing the color of the four touch buttons on a 3rd generation iPod ($65), changing the LEDs on the Belkin Battery Pack ($25) and TuneCast FM Transmitter ($25). All modifications are available exclusively at iPodMods.com.

« Major labels want to raise the price of online music

Did you replace your iPod earphones? »

Comments

Well, Wait till your warranty is out of time.

Of course, again we have twats just dissing this company. How about you send your iPod off and then you’d actually have a valid opinion on whether this company is a bunch of cowboys or not…

Your not big, and your not clever so just shut up. No-one wants to hear it and you gain no respect for it

Posted by silver_haze20 on April 9, 2004 at 5:06 AM (PDT)

sounds like one of the cowboys is upset

Posted by Ariza on April 9, 2004 at 9:04 AM (PDT)

Their web site looks like crap I would never send them my iPod.

Posted by FadeToBlack on April 9, 2004 at 9:07 AM (PDT)

Big wise monkey say he who sends ipod to cowboys shall deserve all the abuse they get.

Posted by Smokin Mackrel on April 9, 2004 at 10:04 AM (PDT)

Yea, I agree. Their site does look like crap. But those button mods make me want it so bad. BLUE!!! My screen looks okay the way it is.

Posted by Jonnyb3 on April 9, 2004 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

I agree that their website isn’t exactly well put together - they definitely need to hire some web talent.

A well constructed website always instills trust in potential customers and gains business, while a poorly constructed website often turns away potential business.  Facts of life.

However, just because their website is poor, doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re doing with an Ipod.  They may just be a group of nerds who simply don’t know anything about web design.  But they shouldn’t count on people thinking that.

They need to take care of business and should outsource their website to someone who truly knows not just how to code, but how to design.

Posted by Z on April 9, 2004 at 12:19 PM (PDT)

Anybody notice that some of those aren’t their pics? The blue LED mod is from a post by another forum member on here that did that to his own iPod.. I dunno, I wouldn’t trust a “company” that has to hijack other people’s pics in order to sell their “services”. Unless, of course, that the guy that did that to his iPod and the company are one and the same…

Posted by kloan on April 9, 2004 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

Yes! Those pictures are of MY iPod, I modified it and they have taken the photos I took (must be a copyright issue here) to use for their site!!

Can’t believe the cheek. Probably safe to assume they don’t know what they’re doing if they have to immitate me!

Posted by McScraggen55 on April 9, 2004 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

Hey,
Excuse me? those are my photos you ###.
Not yours. So shut your mouth. Look at the orginal links. Couchpotato.ca come up?? pft.

Posted by cpotato on April 9, 2004 at 10:02 PM (PDT)

I don’t know…, they seem too quick to ask for you to send them your iPod on numerous pages.

Posted by User on April 10, 2004 at 7:27 AM (PDT)

Yeah, check out the other side of their operation…. seconduseripods.com - offering low low prices on “previously owned” ipods.

Pity for the fools who trust such a shoddy looking organisation who steals users photos of mods they’ve done.

Posted by Owned on April 10, 2004 at 9:19 AM (PDT)

Well I know the site can be redone, and thats what we plan on doing. If anyone would like to redesign it for us, make us an offer and send your resume to us.

As for the pictures used, couchpotato was the first one to actually mod the iPod, and those are his pictures. We have been in relations with each other for coding work and mod work.

Our iPod teams here are the absolute best at all repair services and modifications. Please dont judge us based on the look of our site. If you guys have any questions on the mods get a hold of us or call : 1-888-POD-MODS

Posted by iPodMods on April 10, 2004 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

Thanks for clearing that up then, iPodMods, although I still don’t think it’s cool to feature work that’s done by other people, unless you actually state that, it can be misleading.

Ron, lighter the hell up.. this isn’t the place to complain about what products you want. Grow up.

Posted by kloan on April 10, 2004 at 6:46 PM (PDT)

First they need to take some high-quality photos.  Those suck.  They look worse than my camera phone’s pictures…

Posted by Mr. E. Mann on April 11, 2004 at 8:39 AM (PDT)

howecome on the third sample pic for the button mod even though the backlight is on (the buttons are lit up) , the screen is not lit up , could it possibly be becuase they damaged the screen , trying to mod the buttons…?

Posted by Krzysztof Sikorski on April 11, 2004 at 9:14 AM (PDT)

because the ipod was broken when they did the mod on it.

Posted by iPodMods on April 11, 2004 at 10:59 AM (PDT)

Great backlight mod…but does anyone know the part number/type of the 2G iPod’s backlight LEDs, so I can replace it myself? (Yes, I know how to do it…)

Posted by elynnia on April 11, 2004 at 9:26 PM (PDT)

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Posted by stylescraper on April 12, 2004 at 9:06 AM (PDT)

It’s not much of a fight: I’m just slapping kloan around.

Posted by Ron G. on April 12, 2004 at 11:37 AM (PDT)

Can you please take this elsewhere? I am trying to promote a business here. this isnt a place to flame on people!

Posted by iPodMods on April 12, 2004 at 5:32 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >