iPoDonut now available for 4G and iPod mini | iLounge News

iPoDonut now available for 4G and iPod mini

picThe iPoDonut silicone sticker is now available for 4G Click Wheel iPods and the iPod mini. “It protects your iPod’s touch wheel from scratch and stain. Peel the back sheet off and place the ‘Donut’ on the touch Wheel. The silicon adhesive layer does not leave any stain on the surface.” There are several designs to choose from, all glow-in-the-dark, and cost $9.95 each. Screen protector film is also included.

« New iPod & iTunes Hacks book announced

Report: Apple, HP plan 1 million iPods per month? »

Comments

Tagline - Make your Synaptics TouchWheel the baddest on the block.

Posted by ape on September 22, 2004 at 9:56 AM (CDT)

10$ for a sticker seems pretty expensive. I used to buy glow in the dark stikers for 15cents when I was a kid.

Posted by thume in Hungary on September 22, 2004 at 10:26 AM (CDT)

Will the glut of ridiculous protective casings and protective stickers never end? Are there really that many suckers out here? If so, I propose we manufacture the iSheath: A giant prophylactic body condom with lab booties that protects your iPod from coming into contact with any human material whatsoever. No human hairs or skin particles soiling the iPod. No human breath fogging up the back panel. All for the low, low price of just $29.99.

Posted by Steve "Hand" Jobs on September 22, 2004 at 10:41 AM (CDT)

That 10$ includes worldwide shipping. Its also not just a sticker, but appears to have silicon. You can like take it off and put it back on easily. Sounds good to me!

Posted by suchiaruzu on September 22, 2004 at 12:16 PM (CDT)

Posted by suchiaruzu on September 22, 2004 at 12:18 PM (CDT)

these are kind of cool…but do people REALLY need help with navigating a 2.25 square inch space in the dark in which there are five (up, down, left, right, center) possible points of interest??

Can you imagine: “Gee I wish I had a lighted click wheel because in the half darkness provided by my iPod screen I can’t see (or touch) where to move my thumb around in a circle to turn up the volume.”

Posted by notme on September 22, 2004 at 3:11 PM (CDT)

As long as Apple portable designs are so precious and easily marred, there will be a never-ending market for anything that keeps them from being scuffed in normal, everyday use.

I love the simplicity of their industrial design, but they have to learn that if something is meant to be taken to the gym, in the car, and otherwise carried around (this goes for laptops, too) the design and materials should reflect this.

Posted by me on September 22, 2004 at 5:30 PM (CDT)

$9-$10 for one?

They’re making a killing here.

Posted by Neutral on September 22, 2004 at 11:08 PM (CDT)

I see that the 4G and Mini are specifically singeled out here. is there any reasion why this can not work with (on) 3G iPods??

Not that I care, or understand why protecting the touch wheel is a big deal. It’s white and opaque. I mean it’s not like the LCD where every Hair-line scratch just SREAMS out atch’ya…

Posted by Ichijoe on September 23, 2004 at 5:24 AM (CDT)

I point to their website the moment I saw this, make an order, got the order code and paid by paypal. All done within 15 mins.

And until now, I still haven’t heard of any single reply from them.

Send them an email for the clarification and until now still no reply…

Posted by Marvin Heng on September 23, 2004 at 8:58 AM (CDT)

I don’t think this is aimed to protect the touch wheel nor to provide illumination during the night. My understanding of this item is ‘fashion’.

I wonder do they have a bulk discount if we buy all of them. It would be nice to changes the silicon when you are bored or say use the radioactive one for a LAN party, give the flower designs to your girl, etc.

Posted by P on September 23, 2004 at 12:27 PM (CDT)

I think the thing that scared me away was the word “prease” (meaning please) on the order form…that kind of stuff just isn’t good to put on something that takes people’s money.

Posted by Chris M. on September 23, 2004 at 6:27 PM (CDT)

My mistake on the earlier posting above. My payment was via credit card so I suppose they don’t reply or entertain orders until the payment really went through.

Anyway, I am gonna give them a few more days before deciding on whether to go ahead or cancel the order.

Posted by Marvin Heng on September 23, 2004 at 8:24 PM (CDT)

Won’t be much of that surprise, Chris M.

These are from a Japanese company.

You can see a link the Japanese version site.

Anyway, I’ve never deal with a Jap online store b4 so don’t know where this is really gonna lead to.

Posted by Marvin Heng on September 23, 2004 at 8:29 PM (CDT)

Got the shipment confirmation already. I suppose they’re just waiting for the payment to clear through before confirming the shipment.

I think they’re ok.

Will be getting mine in about 1 week’s time!

Posted by Marvin Heng on September 23, 2004 at 11:45 PM (CDT)

I can see the use of this not as a fashion item or to help me find the buttons in the click wheel (duh), but to protect the click wheel from dirt. I’ve got an iPod mini and the click wheel looks awful because it has stains that just won’t go… it sucks.

Posted by SsnMx on September 24, 2004 at 10:54 AM (CDT)

I think they should glow in different colors other than green… that green is passé anymore.  I’ve seen a blue-white glow in the dark material before, I think it would make a much more contemporary application.  You wouldn’t want your swanky iPod looking like an old NOKIA phone would you?

Posted by apple juice on September 24, 2004 at 11:34 AM (CDT)

just placed my order, main purpose was to protect my clickwheel from further stains, it does state in the website that it will protect the clickwheel. Ill give my verdict when it arrives

Posted by marley2778 in Palos Verdes, CA on September 24, 2004 at 2:42 PM (CDT)

Let us know- they do look cool!

Posted by tetonipod on September 30, 2004 at 11:01 PM (CDT)