iPods and iSkins at the 2004 Grammy Awards
At this year’s 46th Annual Grammy Awards, the iPod will be attending again accompanied by the iSkin EXO 2. iSkin, maker of silicone skins for the iPod, will be part of lavish gift packages offered to artists invited to the event. The 2003 Grammy’s featured a 20,000 gift package and lounge arranged by Distinctive Assets.
iSkin Accompanies iPod to the Grammy’s
February 8th, 2004—The iSkin EXO 2 will be making its way down the red carpet at the 46th Annual Grammy Awards accompanying no other than the Apple iPod itself, as part of an elite gift package being offered to participating recording artists in attendance throughout the week.
Last year the artist gift package arranged by L.A based Distinctive Assets contained a Siemens SX56 Pocket PC mobile phone, a Mattel My Scene doll and a Crest Spin Brush were just a few of the treats in store for performers and presenters at the awards show that took place in New York (2003).
Stars such as Bruce Springstein, Ashanti, Nelly, Faith Hill and Norah Jones also got to waltz through a “Gift Lounge” at Madison Square Garden on rehearsal days. They’ had their pick of products such as Stetson cowboy hats, Safilo eyewear and Jabra wireless headsets.
The combined value of the gift basket and lounge, put together by Distinctive Assets, was $20,000 for the 2003 Grammy Awards.
This Year’s Grammy Awards
The 46th Annual GRAMMY Awards will be presented in Los Angeles at STAPLES Center on Sunday, February 8, 2004. The show will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network from 8 - 11:30 p.m. (live in the East, tape delayed in the West), marking the 31st consecutive year the show has been broadcast on CBS.
About iSkin Inc.
iSkin Inc. introduced the first iSkin iPod Protector in September of 2002 and with it started what has become a fashionably cool way to protect the iPod. Today, the iSkin is highly favored among iPod owners. With a growing line of innovative protective solutions for the iPod, PowerBook and other Apple products, iSkin Inc., is committed to delivering the best protection for the devices we love.
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac