iPods and iSkins at the 2004 Grammy Awards | iLounge News

iPods and iSkins at the 2004 Grammy Awards

At this year’s 46th Annual Grammy Awards, the iPod will be attending again accompanied by the iSkin EXO 2. iSkin, maker of silicone skins for the iPod, will be part of lavish gift packages offered to artists invited to the event. The 2003 Grammy’s featured a 20,000 gift package and lounge arranged by Distinctive Assets.

Press Release

iSkin Accompanies iPod to the Grammy

« Magnatune music download service dances to a different tune

Windows: iPodLibrary 1.2 Released »

Comments

Who Cares ?

Not us.

Nuf Said

Posted by WebBat on February 6, 2004 at 10:18 AM (CST)

Thats very impressive actually…..Cool

Posted by Eros on February 6, 2004 at 11:01 AM (CST)

Nora Jones and Bruce Springsteen? I think I’ll go to my local library, check out their CDs, rip ‘em and download to my iPod. That’ll show them…

Just what a multi-millionare needs, $20G worth of free schwag.

Posted by Pete LaV on February 6, 2004 at 11:37 AM (CST)

$20,000!! They should use that money to do something good for a change… Imagine if instead of giving away all that stuff they donated $20,000 to a charity of the artists choice.
I know, the comapnies that donate that stuff view it as “Advertising” because now a cool celeb will have an ipod and might be photographed with one, and then everyone who worships that celeb will want one too!

Makes me sick.

Posted by digitaltrapper on February 6, 2004 at 12:03 PM (CST)

I’m sure most celebs have most of this crap anyway—they’ll probably give everything they receive as birthday presents.

Posted by narco in Burbank on February 6, 2004 at 12:25 PM (CST)

That really pisses me off… The rich just keep getting all these free things, and the average… The need to go out and buy them… It should be the other way around

Posted by Mijman2 on February 6, 2004 at 12:46 PM (CST)

These awards shows are such a joke.  The grammys is just the music industry jerking itself off.  Likewise the oscars for the movie industries.  Such a waste of money.  Honestly most the albums up for awards suck anyway.

Posted by politz2005 on February 6, 2004 at 3:27 PM (CST)

I know, it’s crazy, the more money you have, the more free stuff you get. Companies routinely donate expensive gifts to celebrities. I guess they are trying to snag an endorsement? Hoping the star will be seen in public using the product and start a craze for it, i.e. Snoop Dogg wearing Tommy Hilfiger, perhaps.

Posted by monkedsel on February 6, 2004 at 3:27 PM (CST)

WICKED!

too bad their eearly 2nd gen case didnt cover the most important part, THE SCREEN. I never liked their product, MARWARE makes MUCH better cases imo. C.E.O. Glove… nice

Posted by Stasyna on February 6, 2004 at 9:29 PM (CST)

That’s strange, I’m not the biggest rock fan but I thought Springsteen (big music label and all) was exactly the type who is against this kind of corporate whorage.  That being said I bet he wouldn’t mind if you downloaded a couple of his cds either.  I know one of his band members is into promoting indy acts and digital music.  Whatever, maybe we have a Springsteen fan here to answer.

Posted by hamp on February 8, 2004 at 8:20 AM (CST)

Absolute joke. The celebs who would want an iPod have them already & the rest of them probably spurn MP3s anyway. If Apple want to promote themselves they should give one of these packages to, er, me. Headlines like “BLOKE ON WELSH BORDER GETS $20000 PREZZIE FROM APPLE” would be a better marketing ploy!

Posted by Pedlop in Blighty on February 8, 2004 at 5:43 PM (CST)