iPodSkinz Coming Soon | iLounge News

iPodSkinz Coming Soon

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, July 31, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

The company that brought you MacSkinz for Apple Macintosh G3/G4 and recently announced for 12” iBook laptops, is currently developing iPodSkinz. The ‘Skinz’ are made from form fitting plastic and come in several different designs. No pricing or shipping date is set, but we’ll announce news of iPod Skinz as soon as it becomes available. MacSkinz for 14” iBook and 12” Powerbook are will also be available soon.

« UK Guardian: iPod nail in the coffin for CDs

iTrip illegal in UK »

Comments

Good, ‘cause we need Skins, iSkins, AND iPodSkinz.

Posted by thenightfly42 on July 31, 2003 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

Great, just great…

And I just bought my iSkin TODAY!

Posted by FnArFy on July 31, 2003 at 1:11 PM (PDT)

Can’t these companies sue each other for trademark infringement? I’m quite confused as to what is whose product.

Posted by Pensive Chimp in Hollywood Park, Texas on July 31, 2003 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

GMonkey,

Do not confuse the companies! It will be very important when you want to sue them for melting your titanium. Gosh, not like these things were not warm enough, just wrap them in plactic blankies…

Posted by pbox on July 31, 2003 at 2:02 PM (PDT)

Uhh… pbox—

I don’t believe *screens* get too hot.

Posted by azdude on July 31, 2003 at 4:01 PM (PDT)

azdude,

Sorry, I just have assumed that these skins also cover the bottom. I scrutinized he pics and they do not seem to. You are right the screen does not get that hot (just a little bit, but it wont melt Ti)

Posted by pbox on July 31, 2003 at 9:51 PM (PDT)

Does anyone have these?? To me, they look like cheap school projects from a high school art class. Is the print quality and finish nice??? Looks a little cheap.

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on August 1, 2003 at 1:15 PM (PDT)

I have one on my ibook

its cool, paint/whatever is INSIDE, so it wont scratch.

I bought a plain white with silver/grey sircle to show the apple logo.

I wanted something more wild, but wife said no smile

but I like it, now I worry less on scratches on the ibook

would have loved one for my tibook 15”  and now its all scratched to hell.

but now I m looking forward to the ipod’s skin

Posted by clyde on August 1, 2003 at 5:43 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the kudos Clyde!

We are almost done with the production process for the ipod MacSkinz and are now interested in what graphics to apply to them. Anybody out there have any ideas?

As for the name “skin”, I think we were one of the first to use it for Mac hardware. Software skins have been around awhile.

Doug
[url=http://www.macskinz.com]http://www.macskinz.com[/url]

Posted by Doug on August 13, 2003 at 5:32 AM (PDT)