iPodweek arrives later today, Take the Apple TV poll
iPodweek, iLounge’s weekly newsletter recapping the last seven days in iPod, iPhone, iTunes and Apple TV news, articles, reviews, and more, will be sent out later today. In addition to rounding up the week’s top stories, iPodweek also features giveaways and accessory discount offers from various companies. If you haven’t yet signed up to receive iPodweek, there’s still time to register and receive this week’s edition — just use the simple form below to submit your email address.
IMPORTANT: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Earthlink and others, make sure we don’t end up in your spam box. Please accept emails from iLounge.com. Thank you.
In addition, with over 5,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Which missing iPhone feature would you most like to see implemented?” has ended. Readers were given a choice between copy & paste, MMS messaging, video recording, wireless iTunes syncing, Adobe Flash support, Bluetooth stereo and data, or other features.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, copy & paste was the feature most requested by iLounge readers with 30% of the vote. The results also show a strong demand for Adobe Flash support, as it received 21% of the vote, followed by MMS messaging with 18%, and a tie between video recording and wireless iTunes syncing, both of which received 10%. Only 8% of readers felt that Bluetooth stereo and data was the feature they’d most like to see implemented, while 3% said they would rather see other improvements. Thanks to everyone who voted!
Our new poll focuses on the Apple TV. We’d like to know what you think Apple should do with the set-top box. Should they release new hardware, allowing free TV-to-iTunes recording? Officially allow apps to add more software functionality, such as streaming from Hulu and Netflix? Release a wireless game controller and support games? Kill it, and replace it with a more advanced, improved iPod dock? Or do you think it’s great as it is? The latest iLounge poll, “What should Apple do with the Apple TV?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?