iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats | iLounge News

iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats

imageIt’s Friday, which means that our weekly newsletter iPodweek will be released later today. As always, we have a simple submission form you can use to sign up. There are no strings attached; sign up today to get exclusive discounts, iLounge contests, and a quick summary of all things iPod, iTunes, iPhone and Apple TV sent directly to your mailbox.

Your Email Address:

IMPORTANT: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Earthlink and others, make sure we don’t end up in your spam box. Please accept emails from iLounge.com. Thank you.

What’s new in the iLounge Discussion Forums this week? In “They replaced it!”, a reader tells how Apple quickly replaced his second-generation shuffle after he couldn’t transfer MP3 files to it—and then discovered that the problem was due to a bug in iTunes 7.2. If you’ve been getting an error message that your iPod can’t play certain music, don’t junk the iPod; read this discussion in our iPod shuffle Forum.

Still trying to figure out the smartest way to rip music to your iPod? Our Digital Audio Formats Forum has plenty of discussions that will help you make a good choice, but this discussion is packed with good, practical advice. Users seem to have settled on 192Kbps files, either in AAC or MP3 format, while others think 128Kbps AACs are plenty good for normal listening. What do you think?

In the Board Games sub-forum of our popular forum The Lounge, you’ll always find a random, non-iPod discussion worth reading. In The Post for Stuff You Just Wanna Tell People, an 108-page discussion that’s been going on since early 2004, readers have been posting about everything from playing Halo and Counter Strike to their favorite TV series and computer programs. Most readers post just a sentence or two about what they’re doing or what they think about someone else’s posts. Add yours and see what your fellow iLoungers think.

« Pacific Rim intros iShield for iPhone

Nokia board member: Euro, Asian phones make iPhone ‘look pedestrian’ »

Comments

I think it’s users right to select whichever bitrate they want. So 128kbps are very low for audiophiles or for quality listning throught highend systems. I beleive music labels have to change something about to choose bitrate for consumers.

Posted by momi on June 15, 2007 at 9:41 PM (CDT)

I am trying to find out a question about tracks not appearing when I download my current cd’s to my iPod.  It just says track1, track 2, etc instead of the names of the songs.

Posted by michelle on June 28, 2007 at 5:11 PM (CDT)

How can i move songs from my LIMEWIRE shared file into my i-tunes library, everytime i try it doesn’t work, pls help, thanks.

Posted by Colin on July 28, 2007 at 6:34 AM (CDT)

I have a question, I was wondering if it’s possible to update your iPod on someone elses computer that has and iPod and iTunes? Because I don’t wanna erase all my stuff and get theirs and I don’t wanna erase theirs just to update mine.

Posted by John on July 29, 2007 at 7:39 PM (CDT)

I have an Ipod library. Bought my wife her own. How can I set up her own library? When she hooked up to my computer, it has her on my library. I don’t want her music. She doesn’t want mine. How do I get her own library?

Posted by Scott on August 7, 2007 at 6:43 PM (CDT)

I’m looking for some help,I’ve downloaded over 2000 songs onto my ipod.My problem is all the songs play at a different volume.Does anyone know how to fix this problem???

Posted by Mike M. on September 20, 2007 at 7:19 PM (CDT)

I HAV IPOD NANO 4GB N IT IS LOCKED BY ME . TELL me how to unlock it. Plz. It asks 4 digit no. For unlock.

Posted by Bhushan on November 13, 2007 at 4:42 AM (CST)

i want to put 1 of my DVDs on my ipod but i cant figure it out! can u please help?

Posted by Alex on January 5, 2008 at 1:33 PM (CST)

How do I put my itunes songs on Compact Disc?

Posted by Diane on January 10, 2008 at 9:05 PM (CST)

I recently purchassed and rented movies from the Itunes store how do I transfer them on to my second generation Ipod nano?

Posted by Lisa on January 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM (CST)

Help I have a large selection of movies that im trying to convert to mp4 using DVDFAD. Once converted and transfering to itunes the movies won’t sinc. HELP

Posted by jeff bates on March 25, 2008 at 11:31 PM (CDT)

I use the I tunes software when downloading CDs onto my Dell PC.
In at least 50% of cases I get static or noise (or missing sound)
This then transfers when downloading to my Ipod Classic.
Ive tried resetting to factory default and then begin with the library all over again - with the same results.
The CDs play fine on my CD player - also nth the PC with other software .
Any ideas ?

Posted by David on April 27, 2008 at 12:16 PM (CDT)

I tried backing up my songs from my IPOD to my PC and it saved the songs but all the titles were replaced with four letter “names”, is there anyway to recover the names so I dont have to go to each song and rename it.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Look forward to your answer!

Bob

Posted by Bob on April 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM (CDT)

For some reason, whenever I change my album artwork on a song it shows up on the iPod Nano as a black square.  So I tried to change it back to the other one and it still doesn’t work.  Why?

Posted by Chad on May 4, 2008 at 7:51 PM (CDT)

ipod how do you turn off songs shuffle? I can’t play genere ,aibums,artests

Posted by Richard Davey on August 18, 2008 at 10:09 PM (CDT)

can i still paste and be able to view lyrics for songs w/c are already in the ipod but no longer in my library?

Posted by gidget on October 8, 2008 at 9:21 AM (CDT)

I have a nano 3rd gen, the wheel is far too sensitive and I have lost data as a result. What can I do about that, it’s only 3 months old?

Posted by Richard McFarlane on November 26, 2008 at 12:54 PM (CST)

I ripped a CD book, but it went into the music area…How do I trasnsfer it to the audiobook section?

Posted by John Fite on December 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM (CST)

Hi! I ripped my large CD collection into i-tenes. Many 0of the discs have been coppeied as several individual tracks instead of one alnbum. Does anyohne know if I can get them together again?
Thanks

Posted by Julian on September 16, 2009 at 2:41 AM (CDT)