iPodweek sign-ups, Forums: Future iPods, 6/29, Pre-Orders
Tomorrow, our weekly newsletter iPodweek is arriving, and as always, we have a simple submission form you can use to sign up. There are no strings attached; sign up today to get exclusive discounts, iLounge contests, and a quick summary of all things iPod, iTunes, iPhone and Apple TV sent directly to your mailbox.
IMPORTANT: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Earthlink and others, make sure we don’t end up in your spam box. Please accept emails from adserver.ilounge.com. Thank you.
The iLounge Discussion Forums are full of intense debates this week! A collection of established members, including iLounge Contributing Editor Jesse Hollington, are slugging it out in the Future iPods Forum over the future of Apple products. Which Mac is the Toyota of the family to the Mac Pro’s Rolls Royce, and will Apple create iPods to cater even more up and downmarket? Skip to the later pages in Why Apple Won’t Make 6Gen Wide/Touchscreen to see a very active brawl over where the company is headed, and why.
Will you camp out for the iPhone? In our iPhone Forum, readers are talking about their plans for June 29th in June 29th… It’s Yours!. Several people have chimed in to ask for a surprise Canadian release or new, more affordable pricing information. Get this topic back on track: are you going to help create iPhone sell-out lines, or sit this one out?
Finally, in our iTunes Store Forum, a thread on an unusual iTunes Store album pre-release bug has appeared under the title Help With New Paul McCartney Album Please! Readers are reporting that they’ve pre-purchased albums to get the first single, only to find that the track details don’t match up with the rest of the songs when the final album comes out. Have you experienced this issue? Add your comments to the discussion.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)