iPodweek, the weekly iLounge newsletter | iLounge News

iPodweek, the weekly iLounge newsletter

One year ago, iLounge created “iPodweek,” a weekly summary of the best iPod news, reviews, and feature articles we’d published, which you may or may not have seen elsewhere online. Today, we’re adding a new feature to iLounge: iPodweek will be available as a free weekly newsletter for readers interested in quickly catching up on our past week’s highlights via e-mail. We will also feature iPod accessory discount offers from various companies and retailers.

Back in 2004, we started with a list of 19,000 forum members and notified readers that we were planning to create a list of addresses for a newsletter. Today, the list contains over 190,000 self-registered e-mail addresses, which we’d normally love to use as a starting point for mailing out iPodweek.

But—and this is a big but—since so much time has passed since we made that announcement, and some people mightn’t have wanted to sign up for regular mailings, we are taking a conservative approach to do right by all of our readers. So we’ve decided to start the list fresh with a new signup form. Just enter your address and hit submit to sign up for iPodweek; an unsubscribe option will also be available for those who want it.

Thanks to XtremeMac for sponsoring the launch of the iPodweek newsletter. XtremeMac is offering 20% off its entire online store to iPodweek subscribers. Xtrememac will also be giving away one (1) XtremeMac Luna iPod Alarm Clock Radio, one (1) pair of FS1s earphones and one (1) InCharge Traveler to one lucky iPodweek subscriber. The winner will be announced in next week’s issue (May 4, 2007). (Retail value of total prizes $370)

We hope you enjoy this new feature of iLounge!

Your Email Address:

IMPORTANT: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Earthlink and others, make sure we don’t end up in your spam box. Please accept emails from iLounge.com. Thank you.

« SEC charges former Apple execs in options backdating scandal

Apple’s Jobs, Ive up for Time 100 voting »

Comments

can anyone tell me plzzzz,from where i can download free english ipod music

Posted by glitterstar on August 12, 2007 at 8:35 PM (CDT)

As a new owner/user, I recently purchased a used 5th gen. 30 Gig video iPod from eBay. The gentleman kindly sent it with music and video on it. Will iTunes remove the media when I connect to it? Can I use one of those software packages that will save/back-up the media from the iPod to Windows PC. I also only like a number of the music on it but would like to delete the rest. His name is also still programmed on the unit. I greatly appreciate all advisement. Thank You! Mark

Posted by m_moore on September 1, 2007 at 1:49 AM (CDT)

I can’t get any response from ilounge by email.
rcrane56 at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by rcrane56 on October 19, 2007 at 9:39 PM (CDT)

I was listening to my ipod and when I tried playing the purchased songs it wouldn’t let me! The songs would skip until it found a song downloaded from a C.D.. SOmeone said I was in Apple jail, and that was my punishment for doing something illegal! I don’t know what to do? Can someone help me!

Posted by Jenny on December 24, 2007 at 5:53 PM (CST)

I keep gettin an error message when trying yo sync my ipod 3rd generation.  I am using Vista, do I need to turn off UAC?

Posted by Jim Enderle on January 25, 2008 at 5:32 PM (CST)

Hi!

I own a classic iPod (160 GB) since a couple of weeks. I tried to download movies (.avi, .mpg, .divx…) using the iTunes and Quick Time pro software to no avail.

It was easy with the sample movie from one Apple “adviser”, but impossible for the rest.

I have read dozens of pages by real clever guys but I can’t fully grasp the intricate patterns they describe. so, is there any easy way for getting those movies into the thing.

I will appreciate some simple and clear advice.

Jordi

Posted by Jordi Rocasalbas on March 19, 2008 at 2:42 PM (CDT)

I was excited about the Mexican iTunes store as well, UNTIL I tried to use it to buy Apps for my iPOd Touch.  So far, my credit card (US but Mexican address) is continually rejected; and my purchased digital iTunes gift card was also rejected—the latter with the message that it was a USA card being used in Mexico.  Apple USA, Apple Mexico and the Bank of America don’t have any answers.

Posted by alinde on August 1, 2008 at 9:03 AM (CDT)

I have signed up for this email numerouse times now and still have not recieved any also made sure it will not count as spm by adding into my contact list and stuff. anyone know if these emails being send out yet???? or if i can possibly get the PDF’s anywhere else?

Thanks in advance :)

Posted by Ravers on September 7, 2008 at 1:24 AM (CDT)

hi i was setting up a small radio station in house with a E.P.3 transmitter and all’s it done it distorted all the high nots and the same on any other small transmitter i baught.So i went and i gaught a broadcast transmitter from SBS and the sound quality was just mint and i love it…

thankyou adam morris

Posted by adam morris on September 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM (CDT)

I just got my itouch and need info. How do I play runescape on it. It says to enable java but how do I?

Posted by ethanmater on November 16, 2008 at 1:57 AM (CST)

@ethanmater:
You can’t. Sorry

Posted by oboewan on March 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2