iPodX - new UK iPod accessory store opens | iLounge News

iPodX - new UK iPod accessory store opens

New online retail store iPodX has announced its official launch into the world of iPod accessories. To celebrate their opening, iPodX has lowered the price on several items; iSkin eVo for

« iPod mini is hot seller for Moms

Apple denies iTMS price increase »

Comments

They are going to charge me 20L to send it to the US. Are they crazy? Lajo only charges $5 to send it around the world. How much is a 20L in US dollars anyway?

Posted by coolpepper43 on May 7, 2004 at 7:38 PM (CDT)

It’s a shame they didn’t do some site tests before launch as a number of crucial pages - such as disclaimer, help and support do not currently work!

Posted by Keith on May 8, 2004 at 1:06 AM (CDT)

Posted by MadPict in UK on May 8, 2004 at 5:24 AM (CDT)

well i dont really think its aimed at the US market, there’s nothing they can do about the weakness of your dollar, thats why delivery costs so much. Fact of the matter is, they are quite cheap prices for the UK. It’s a good shop, I haven’t seen many other shops with that many different manufacturers.

Posted by Jim on May 8, 2004 at 5:31 AM (CDT)

Jim - I must say I agree - and it’s refeshing to have a store focusing on the UK/Europe and not the USA.

Posted by Keith on May 8, 2004 at 6:46 AM (CDT)

Pity it’s an extremely buggy website. Keep getting server errors and page not found messages. When I eventually did manage to get through to the checkout stage - they tried to charge me

Posted by Del on May 8, 2004 at 6:49 AM (CDT)

Hi guys!

Thanks for pointing out the bugs on the site… stupidly I made a bout of last minute changes before heading home for the night and didn’t test them properly.

However, I’ve fixed them now and I really hope that it hasn’t tainted your opinion of the site.

As for the delivery charges, we are aware they are a bit excessive to other parts of the world, however we are looking for another carrier that can offer us better rates and as soon as we do we will update our site with the new cheaper rates.

Posted by AndyK on May 8, 2004 at 9:44 AM (CDT)

Great job Andy, site looks great!

Posted by XsknD on May 8, 2004 at 6:57 PM (CDT)

See that’s waht you call customer care ;)

Posted by Keith on May 9, 2004 at 2:33 AM (CDT)

Thanks for the reply Andy. I’ll wait until things are smoothed out, but I do plan to place an order with you. Great website by the way.

Posted by Del on May 9, 2004 at 5:09 AM (CDT)

Wow… Somehow I have the whole contents of the store in my cart and I can’t remove it. That may be another glitch to look into

Posted by Callused on May 9, 2004 at 7:50 AM (CDT)

Ooops… very sorry. Just a few teething problems. Consider it fixed.

Posted by AndyK on May 9, 2004 at 8:03 AM (CDT)

I suggest coming back when everything is fixed

Posted by bryan on May 9, 2004 at 1:38 PM (CDT)

Hi Bryan,

We’ve now fixed all the initial bugs that people reported and what’s more we’ve lowered our shipping prices so US and Canda customers pay the same for delivery as European customers (

Posted by AndyK on May 9, 2004 at 1:44 PM (CDT)

I would just like to say that I ordered a couple of accessories yesterday afternoon, and they arrived this morning.
Well done!

Posted by Bryan H on May 11, 2004 at 6:46 AM (CDT)

I too must have missed the original teething problems.  I ordered 3 items Wed pm and they were delivered (recorded delivery) next day.  Excellent service.

Posted by Mike P. on May 14, 2004 at 2:33 AM (CDT)

Had nothing but trouble with the site. Item still not delivered. Email responses sporadic - no phone contact details on the site. Customer service terrible - I bought the item as a present with two weeks to go, Item hadn’t arrived two weeks after - I live in UK!!!. NOT a happy customer.

Posted by dirtyharry on March 6, 2006 at 5:16 PM (CST)