iRemote Concept for iPod | iLounge News

iRemote Concept for iPod

Mark Degg of OSXP.net has emailed iLounge with information about his webpage outlining the concept for a wireless remote control for iPod. Inspired by the Burton/Apple Amp Jacket and Griffin’s iTrip FM transmitter, Mark’s webpage has 3D images and details about its function in hopes to influence manufacturers to get involved. If you’re a manufacturer looking for a new idea to bring to market contact Mark at his webpage.

« Coverage of Apple Event

Apple Music Service features »

Comments

This is a great idea! Not sure if it will happen though :(

Posted by Jon in Seattle, WA on April 27, 2003 at 3:41 PM (CDT)

Nicely thought out - hope you get it off the ground.
Good luck.

Posted by MadPict in UK on April 27, 2003 at 5:15 PM (CDT)

This is the best idea that I have ever seen!! It beats any inline remote and will make playing music with the iPod even more fun than it already is!!

Posted by Jake on April 28, 2003 at 2:52 PM (CDT)

Might want to redesign your mock up ..... and griffin as well,, since “ironically” after 1.5 years of foolin aground delays delays… and finally getting this itrip together.. the very day there going to ship one to me,,, is the day apple changed the architecture and now we all have our butts stapled to the wall…:(....  when I get the itrip , I will be sending it back and moving on with apples new direction.  Apple ought to quit fleecing the customer base and get all of the important features into the ipod in the first place…right away….by the time I get the ipod I want ....  I will have bought 8 or 10 intermediate versions..

Posted by str on April 28, 2003 at 2:57 PM (CDT)

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have been thinking of the exact same thing! This would allow you to put your iPod in the trunk of your car and still control it! Yes!

Posted by D in So Cal on May 6, 2003 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

The receiver doesn’t need a battery but the remote needs it.  What kind of battery it is going to use? I guess it needs a very thin lithium ion battery.  Am I correct?

Posted by jjclub in Taiwan on May 16, 2003 at 11:32 PM (CDT)