iSee 3G Case Coming Soon | iLounge News

iSee 3G Case Coming Soon

Contour Design, makers of the popular iSee clear case will be releasing a new version of the iSee later this year.  Unfortunately no pictures have been posted but hopefully iLounge can squeeze a prototype of the case from Contour. Can’t wait to check this out!

“Contour Design’s new iSee 3G for Apple’s 3rd Generation iPods will begin shipping in Q3 of 2003. Building upon the success of the original iSee, the popular clear hard case for G1 and G2 iPods, Contour Design has created a revolutionary new design truly worthy of the newest generation iPods. The iSee 3G provides the ultimate in protection and ease of access to iPod controls, while creating a new standard for compact, sleek design.”

« iPods missing from Dell’s website

Apple 10GB iPod for $280 »

Comments

I want to see a pic! :)

Posted by AMG on July 3, 2003 at 9:06 AM (CDT)

I had been fairly happy with my iSee case until recently. Sometimes when I put it in my pocket, the front panel slides up. No big deal, it slides down easy enough.

However, I noticed that it appeared dirty inside, so I removed the iPod for the first time since I purchased it. It went in clean, no scratches. However those front panel slips had gouged some pretty major scratches right on the display! I thought the scratches were on the iSee, but nope! they are on my iPod. I was a little disappointed from the start at how easy the iSee scratched, but I’m very unhappy that the case that I bought for protection actually caused damage!

I’ll think twice before using this product on my new 30 gig (when ever I can afford it!).

Posted by iTodd on July 3, 2003 at 9:41 AM (CDT)

3rd Quarter? when is that??

Jun Julyish???

ANyway I would love to see a pic.. and I hope it doesn’t suck

Posted by Anti-Pop on July 3, 2003 at 11:16 AM (CDT)

The iSee made my iPod so much scratches….
so I got new 15GB and I am planing to get the iskin.

Posted by 20GB iPod in Canada on July 3, 2003 at 12:07 PM (CDT)

I agree, my 2nd generation Ipod had 2 very deep scratches on the display from the isee case! That was with my being extremely careful! I would not get another one if it were 2 dollars. Fortunately through tips here I got the scratches out with brasso.

Posted by Anthony Goss on July 3, 2003 at 1:16 PM (CDT)

It never scratched mine…probably because I put a static PDA cover over the screen too.  double-up, pals…

Posted by AMG on July 3, 2003 at 2:36 PM (CDT)

Yea, it put some really deep scratches on my iPod, i am getting an iSkin.

Posted by Riyad Chowdhury on July 3, 2003 at 11:00 PM (CDT)