iSkin Claro case now available for 60GB/80GB iPods | iLounge News

iSkin Claro case now available for 60GB/80GB iPods

image

iSkin today announced the release of a new version of its iSkin Claro case for 60GB/80GB fifth-generation iPods. The dual-layer case consists of a clear polycarbonate hard case and a silicone case acting as a soft inner layer. The Claro ($40) features anti-scratch ClaroCoat technology and a belt clip that doubles as a stand. The Claro’s silicone layers, called Claro slims, are also available in two multi-color packs ($20) with three different colors in each.

« Report: Apple, Wal-Mart in talks over movie alliance

Apple, mobile firms agree on Britain music royalties »

Comments

Is there any way to take off the belt clip from the back of these?

Posted by James on September 28, 2006 at 5:25 PM (CDT)

Yea, I would get it if you could detach the belt clip

Posted by Pat on September 28, 2006 at 5:46 PM (CDT)

Negative.. I got the 30GB. A fine case but no clip removal.

Posted by Messi on September 28, 2006 at 8:05 PM (CDT)

I much prefer the capdase stainless steel version of this case - same concept - silicone around the iPod with a hard shell that covers the silicone.

However instead of easily scratched clear plastic, my iPod is encased in brushed stainless steel - not aluminum - stainless steel.

$18 too vs. $40 - 1/2 price.  Best case I’ve had for my iPod to date - better than eVo3, Core Case or Agent 18.

Posted by Tim on September 28, 2006 at 8:06 PM (CDT)

I have had my 30GB iClaro case for quite some time, and I do not handle it with kid gloves - this thing has gotten plenty of abuse - and it has not scratched. None. I throw it in my bag with the keys, pens, pencils, spiral bound notebooks, scissors, and once even a drill bit - all the jostling did not phase the iClaro case. No scratches. Period. They advertised a scratch-resistant coating, and I’d say the damn thing is bulletproof.

Posted by ShuffinatorJayne in Columbus, Ohio on September 29, 2006 at 12:51 AM (CDT)

Will we get one with a removable belt clip?

How much deeper, wider does it make the packaging?

Posted by Dan on September 29, 2006 at 12:42 PM (CDT)

I want one of these bad but I am resisting the urge.  I had a Ghost glow-in-the-dark case for my 4gen 40gb and I loved it.  I listen at night in bed and really liked the night time visibility.  But I have to shell out $40 for the claro, then another $20 for a 3-pack containing the skin I want.  $60 is steep for a case with 4 skins, 3 of which I don’t want.

Posted by TulsaGent in Tulsa, OK, USA on September 29, 2006 at 3:40 PM (CDT)

i got the 30 gb claro when it first came out and its great for watching videos . i havent used the clip often enough to say how good or bad it is but seems sturdy enough. although it is not designed to be removed like some other cases, you CAN remove the belt clip by pushing out the metal pin that connects the case to the clip section.(the hinged part) so far when i put the pin back in the clip it works fine with no problem. i got the pin out by using a paper clip to force it out. all that is left is two little nubs thats use to connect the clip and case. you barely notice it when its laying on the back and in you pocket seems fine for me.  as for scatches its very scratch resisent on the outside and in the inside i have two very very small nicks on it but thats because i probably had it facing inside up when i had some sharp items (such as a small knife) near it and wasnt careful.  anyways for   its the best ive tried for the clear hard cases out there since the scraches are nearly non existent and shouldnt show scratches on it unless you purposely try to make one on it .  i just recommend to becareful of th inside part of the clear case

Posted by jpn on September 30, 2006 at 11:20 PM (CDT)

can this fit an ipod with the invisible shield??? there is 5mm of space inside to fit these silicone removable insides so why not?

i am having a very hard time finding a hard case that i can fit an ipod with the invisible shield on.

i was at tekserve in nyc trying to find one but alas, no luck.

Posted by brian on October 1, 2006 at 4:52 PM (CDT)

this case barely fits the is i itll be a tight fit but it does fit this case the top screen you have to slowly slide on it leaves a small gap at the bottom between the front and back parts but is hardly noticable and this case works well

Posted by jpn on October 2, 2006 at 3:04 AM (CDT)

A warning about iSkin—I ordered Claro slims for my 80GB and they mistakenly sent me Nano slims instead.  When I contacted them about their mistake, they said I would have to first return the unopened Nano skins (no problem), but AT MY COST (big problem).  I’ve never had an online store insist on such a policy when in the wrong like this.  BEWARE.

Posted by jm on October 15, 2006 at 3:36 PM (CDT)

I was thinking about buying this case, but alot of my use would be on planes. After looking at the video stand i can see i would spend most of my flights picking it up after it topples over all the time. that stand looks way too narrow.

jdual

Posted by jdual on December 15, 2006 at 12:55 PM (CST)