iSkin debuts DuoBand, Slims for iPod nano | iLounge News

iSkin debuts DuoBand, Slims for iPod nano

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, March 22, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

iSkin has announced two new iPod nano products—the iSkin DuoBand and iSkin Slims. The DuoBand is an armband/hard case that has an outer polycarbonate layer and an inner silicone layer of protection. It comes with either a clear or pink skin and an armband in black or pink with a reflective strip. The iSkin Slims are silicone cases that come in a 5-pack of various colors. They can also be paired with the iSkin DuoBand. Both are available immediately for $30 each.

« Wrappers offers auto-inspired iPod slip covers

Mix: iNES, Apple event, Quanta, Chili Peppers »

Comments

I have a friend who ssaid if he got a nano he would buy this case for it firdt! i dont really like it but, deferent strokes for deferent fokes!

Posted by LawnBoy on March 22, 2006 at 12:01 PM (PDT)

Can freakin iskin just make a simple case without tongues sticking out from the sides??!!! Gosh!

Posted by Brian on March 22, 2006 at 2:43 PM (PDT)

I didn’t know if you knew this or not, brian, but the actual silicone case is square, but you put the plastic case with the “tongues” around it to put the armband on it.

I do like the fact you can interchange the slims, and have been wanting more slims ever since i got my case in november/december.  ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!

Posted by dtran on March 22, 2006 at 9:22 PM (PDT)

These “new” iSkin Slims are just a sold-separately version of the inner skin for the iSkin Duo, complete with the rubber nubs of the original. I like my iSkin Duo (although I’m interested in the Titan aluminum case), but this is just LAME.

Posted by Rob in Memphis on March 23, 2006 at 8:07 AM (PDT)

These are SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  Thank gosh for these!  They are so very fantastic!  I can tell iSkin has been reading the reviews on iLounge and their comment posts. too.  They obviously observed the post that said, “These would be cooler if you could mix and match colors of the inner and outer layers” and “I’d buy this if it came with an armband”.  They must have also took notice of those people who said they’d prefer a hard case, but don’t want their nano to hit against the hard inside of a hard case.  I will so buy these!  These will definately compete with Apple’s tubes, and, truth be told, I think these will end up being more liked than those tubes by Apple!  iSkin uses really high quality silicone, so that is why I think that.

I can’t wait to turn my blush rush case into
1.Pink/Black
2.Pink/Blue
3.Pink/Green!

Yay!  It will look awesome with these slims!  People will also probably be happy iSkin came out with an armband-cooperative case and a hard, yet soft case as well.  And people will love to mix and match colors with their duo!

Brian, the “tongues” stick out the sides so these can be used with the duo.

dtran, I know!  It is about time!  *cannot contain joy*  I will blow 30 more dollars on these!

Hope this helped ( :

Posted by nixiecoolgirl on March 23, 2006 at 1:37 PM (PDT)

Oh yeah, also forgot to add…the DuoBand should be sold in more colors.  I know iSkin will add more eventually though.

Posted by nixiecoolgirl on March 23, 2006 at 1:41 PM (PDT)

I purchased this band for use with my 4 gig Nano.  I didn’t have it out of the box for ten minutes before I came to dislike its set up and feel.
The band itself has to be adjusted ahead of time, and then slid onto the arm.  There is a Velcro attachment that wraps around one of the handles on the polycarbonate shell and fastens against your skin, ruling out on-the-fly adjustment.  The band itself is not made from a very elastic material, and it quickly felt too tight against my arm after a few weight movements.  I also noticed that the buckle was positioned in a way that caused friction against my torso if I moved in ways where my arms were held in closer than normally.  Namely on bicep exercises and occasionally where my arms might move if I were running.
The worst part of the DuoBand is that it cannot accommodate any headphones I had other than the ones that came with the Nano.  My Sony headphones with 90 degrees bend would not even make connection through the polycarbonate shell enough to get any sound.
I was planning on commenting on the device after a rougher bicycle ride and run to see how it felt at the end of a day of use, but the inability to use more secure-fitting headphones has ruled that out.
I would strongly advise that you avoid this product.  It has serious design flaws that interfere with its function as well as ergonomic flaws that make it less than comfortable to wear.

Posted by JacobMcNally on June 19, 2006 at 11:10 AM (PDT)

I have a Polar BLast duo, and I seriosly need to buy the slims. I’m bored with blue and white! I want green and white, lol.

Posted by Swimgal711 on September 30, 2006 at 1:08 PM (PDT)