iSkin Duo for iPod nano now available | iLounge News

iSkin Duo for iPod nano now available

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, October 27, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageiSkin has announced the availability of its iSkin Duo for the iPod nano. First shown earlier this month, the case features a dual layer shock-resistant silicone skin that “guards against bumps, scratches, dirt, and other unwanted elements, ensuring your tunes keep playing no matter where you go.”

The form-fitting protective case comes with a clear screen protector, port covers for both the dock and earphone ports, a transparent click wheel protector, and a RevoClip 2 belt clip. iSkin’s iPod Duo is available in a variety of two-tone color combinations and is priced at $29.99.

« Mix: Nano lawsuit, Sony-BMG, Medical images, New Zealand

Bosco’s Pod Pouch announced »

Comments

if it took almost 2 months for this to be released, when can we expect one for the 5g?

Posted by sameemsid on October 27, 2005 at 10:15 AM (PDT)

Alright. Now I only need a review to make sure that this is what I want. If not then i’m getting the Incase neoprene sleeve.

Posted by Jonathan Keim on October 27, 2005 at 10:50 AM (PDT)

I’m disappointed because I wanted the Orange/Black one that they had a CGI of. I was waiting to buy this case, but might have to opt for another one, because I’m not feeling the colors they have so far

Posted by Josh on October 27, 2005 at 11:15 AM (PDT)

The colors are kind of gross.  I would like to see a carbon outer skin , and a clear inner skin, or a sonic blue outer skin, and a white inner skin.

Posted by Burrens on October 27, 2005 at 11:16 AM (PDT)

Ever since I saw the carbon/orange one I though it was cool. I wasn’t planning on getting one as I’d prefer a hard clear case - and I’ll still get the Contour iSee when it comes out - but I’ve just ordered a Duo. Call it a pre-emptive strike again any scratches when my new black nano arrives.
I wish the carbon part was slightly darker, but I’ll let that go. Nice inclusion of the tactile click wheel disk though…

Posted by Piarco75 on October 27, 2005 at 11:29 AM (PDT)

Me want 5G with better colors!

Posted by Mac C on October 27, 2005 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

I, too, am disappointed with the color selection.  I was psyched about the carbon/orange one they had on the site before.  And I’d rather the cases didn’t glow in the dark.. :/

Posted by Andrew on October 27, 2005 at 12:04 PM (PDT)

I love the way the iSkin shuffle Duo looks… They nailed it right on the money.  But with the nano cases, I just don’t feel that they are right…  They missed the mark with them.  The desings seem to be, lacking at best;  it almost takes away from the nano.  The pictures on iSkin.com arent enough to make me buy…

Posted by Steve on October 27, 2005 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

fugly

Posted by j-o on October 27, 2005 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

Ordered!!! The Carbon Blast!!

Posted by Saumitra on October 27, 2005 at 1:26 PM (PDT)

I ordered the Blush Rush!  I can’t wait to get it!!!

Posted by jessi_9783 on October 27, 2005 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

Why can’t they make 5 inner colors…say: white/clear/black/orange/green and 5 outter colors like: black/dark purple/navy blue/red/gray and let us pick the combo we want?

Purple/green or black/black would be sweet.

Posted by Beef on October 27, 2005 at 4:17 PM (PDT)

Their earlier pictures showed much better colors, but with the real announcement, the colors are kinda off from what I thought however to protect the iscratchNano I think i will just go for them (first time with iskin products here). Anyone can comment on the quality of their silicone?

Posted by Ahmed on October 27, 2005 at 4:56 PM (PDT)

One of the iSkin resellers say that they are planning to release a 5pack combo “thins” or something like that… I thimk they mean the inside skin.

Posted by Desi on October 27, 2005 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

i’ve never dealt with iskin before and this is a very bad first experience.  when this case was first announced i was pumped and really wanted one.  but now i’m bitterly dissapointed.  why not release the colour case they used to hype up the product?  that is the one i wanted.  why can’t they offer a model that doesn’t glow??  i don’t like glowing bullsh*t.  also they took too long too release it - so in the meantime i’ve gone off and bought a competitors product.  in all this seems like a retarded product delivered by a retarded company.

Posted by iGod on October 27, 2005 at 6:20 PM (PDT)

ugly IMHO…go with the Tunewear Icewear Nano… http://www.tunewear.com/english/product/icewear_nano/index.html
much nicer i think…not as uh…bulky/flashy

Posted by adamti91 on October 27, 2005 at 7:18 PM (PDT)

Kinda disappointed by the colours.  Was holding out because I saw the rendering on their site… guess, I’ll look elsewhere.

Posted by Peter Ong on October 27, 2005 at 11:51 PM (PDT)

In reply to Desi’s comments - I read somewhere on http://www.iskins.co.uk that iskin were planning on releasing something called ‘Slims’, and i think it was either a 4 or 5 pack of skins for the nano, same price as the ones Apple sell conincedently!! Think i’ll wait for these rather than the Duo.

Posted by Norfolknchance.co.uk on October 28, 2005 at 3:19 AM (PDT)

The Carbon Blast IS the one that was used in the preview.  It just looked slightly darker because it was backlit.

As for the quality, I never found anything that fit as well and protected so thoroughly as my previous iSkin for my 3G.  I bought the Duo last night when I got the email announcement.  I haven’t even taken my Nano out of the box yet I’m so freaking paranoid about scuffing it.

Posted by Richard on October 28, 2005 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

In terms of construction and protection the Duo looks kick ###. In terms of color combinations, man talk about ugly. What color blind fool okay ed those?!

Posted by ipodcaesar on October 28, 2005 at 8:44 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >