iSkin eVo3 for 5G iPod now available | iLounge News

iSkin eVo3 for 5G iPod now available

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, December 8, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageiSkin today announced the availability of the iSkin eVo3, the latest version of the company’s popular silicone iPod case. Designed specifically for the new fifth-generation (video) iPod, the eVo3 “protects the iPod with video and enhances the aesthetic beauty of the device while maintaining complete functionality and control access,” according to the company. The $35 case features a new scratch resistant face and screen protector, a removable rotary belt clip (RevoClip 2), heat release pores, and a micro-textured body that provides an anti-slip gripping surface. The eVo3 comes in six colors—green, blue, red, frosted clear, black, and pink.

« Mix: Marco Polo Kids, iFace, Nano knockoff, Panic

Creative debuts iPod lookalike; Will ‘aggressively pursue’ patent »

Comments

These things get more and more expensive every time.  And I laugh at the idea that it “enhances the aesthetic beauty of the device,” just look at them!  Pink, Neon, Maroon (or something like it)...oh sure looks a lot better…if you’re 7.

Posted by adrenaline on December 8, 2005 at 11:07 AM (PDT)

The least they could do is INCLUDE the headphones. They’re just as bad as Apple when it comes to prices and what they actually offer. I guess they think that iPod users already shelled out big bucks for the device itself, not to mention the AC and car adapters (which I haven’t purchased yet), that $35 is a good price.(I don’t think so)
I’m not getting this unless it gets a REALLY good rating by iLounge.

Posted by Drawken on December 8, 2005 at 11:37 AM (PDT)

The only one I would consider purchasing is the white one. All of the rest look like they should be in a Jello commercial.

Posted by writer on December 8, 2005 at 11:50 AM (PDT)

big boy, big boy what a pricey skin.even ilounge give a good rating im not going to buy.35 dollars just a skin, oh my gosh is too pricey better look for others.

Posted by google on December 8, 2005 at 11:59 AM (PDT)

I’ve ordered mine ! The clear one smile

Posted by Steph on December 8, 2005 at 12:33 PM (PDT)

I’m 17 and i think it looks cool. The price does seem pretty high.

How long do you think it will be before ilounge gets a review of it up?

Posted by Lauren on December 8, 2005 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

They are UGLy. it looks like a streched out condom. the kind you buy from a truck stop..

Posted by kaj n on December 8, 2005 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

Very expensive just a skin nothing more.The striking color look like japan condoms.NOT WORTH TO BUY

Posted by johan on December 8, 2005 at 1:14 PM (PDT)

They seem well thought out for the job, so I expect them to perform well.  BUT, they are TOO expensive.  Another example of 3rd party vendors smelling $$ with iPod buyers and trying to grab ‘that little extra’.

Drop the price to $20 and MORE than make up for the profit in volume sales.

Posted by podboy on December 8, 2005 at 1:25 PM (PDT)

I just bought one of these because I used to have one of their eVo2’s on my photo. I dropped it 15 feet onto brick and it was protected. Any case that gives me that kind of protection is worth it, no matter what.

Posted by will on December 8, 2005 at 2:19 PM (PDT)

People keep saying that this case is so expensive.

I have looked at MANY cases and this is the ONLY one that protects BOTH the screen and clickwheel.

iSkin is a good, quality product and I think its definetally worth the $35 bucks.

I loved my iskin for my 4g and have been waiting anxiously to place my order for the eVo3!

Posted by josh on December 8, 2005 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

Though the skins might look really nice online, seeing them for real will be another story. And these are silicone cases so definitely would be dust magnets (read somewhere on this forum that this was designed to repel dust). And $35 seems steep, add to that the shipping its almost $50. For that price I think I might be better off with a vaja or something.

Posted by the_lonely_guy on December 8, 2005 at 3:00 PM (PDT)

has anyone ever tried using these things with the docks? Obviously it won’t fit in the 5g dock size but maybe with some of the older models?

Posted by swingingkazoo on December 8, 2005 at 3:43 PM (PDT)

i got a blue one with the matching headphones, plus i think these look nicer than a big hunk of fake leather, but not as nice as vaja, but thats outta my price range.

Posted by BreeZ on December 8, 2005 at 3:49 PM (PDT)

Too Expensive? You get what you pay for.
iSkin makes a quality product unlike many of its imitators. I just ordered one for my 60GB 5G.
I have an evo2 on my old 3G and its been to hell and back and, my old iPod is still in great condition.

Posted by alex on December 8, 2005 at 5:17 PM (PDT)

I have an iSkin for my 4g, and I love it. You can get one for less than retail value, including shipping, off of ebay. I got mine for less that $30, and it included an extra click wheel preotector.

Posted by cow on December 8, 2005 at 5:46 PM (PDT)

Will this thing work with an itrip?  It doesn’t look like it would fit onto the bottom…

Posted by CatholicULawJew on December 8, 2005 at 6:47 PM (PDT)

“I dropped it 15 feet onto brick”

You must be tall!

Posted by Matt174e on December 9, 2005 at 4:58 AM (PDT)

man 35 + shipping almost come to 50 bucks just a silicone case r u crazy u must be ripping peoples money.lol ...if 50 bucks why not go for vaja at least a fine leather case.the person who bought it must be out of mind.

Posted by sona on December 9, 2005 at 9:15 AM (PDT)

Seems to be the general consensus. This is ridiculously priced. That case better get me laid in addition to protecting my iPod for $35+SH. I’ll stick to the cling rap ghetto cover.

Posted by The Dave on December 9, 2005 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >