iSkin eVo3 for 5G iPod now available | iLounge News

iSkin eVo3 for 5G iPod now available

imageiSkin today announced the availability of the iSkin eVo3, the latest version of the company’s popular silicone iPod case. Designed specifically for the new fifth-generation (video) iPod, the eVo3 “protects the iPod with video and enhances the aesthetic beauty of the device while maintaining complete functionality and control access,” according to the company. The $35 case features a new scratch resistant face and screen protector, a removable rotary belt clip (RevoClip 2), heat release pores, and a micro-textured body that provides an anti-slip gripping surface. The eVo3 comes in six colors—green, blue, red, frosted clear, black, and pink.

« Mix: Marco Polo Kids, iFace, Nano knockoff, Panic

Creative debuts iPod lookalike; Will ‘aggressively pursue’ patent »

Comments

They want to take us for a ride. It’s like selling accessories to owners of Mercedes Benz.  That skin cost $1 to make (in China probably), so they should sell it for $3 (at most).

I ain’t buyin.

If you already own a Mercedes, perhaps it’s for you.

Posted by jshutzman on December 9, 2005 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

They are roughly the same price in canada without the shipping of $35 at any store.

Posted by thebuzz on December 9, 2005 at 2:49 PM (PDT)

And on top of the price, you can’t even get it in true transparent, just frosted.

And $35 for one when many case makers out there sell 3 for $20.

Too bad though, I kinda like the look.

Posted by jC! on December 9, 2005 at 9:53 PM (PDT)

You kids whining over the price of this case baffle me. You pay top dollar for your beloved iPod and expect some el cheapo case to keep your investment protected? Aye!

This is one of the best cases for the iPod. This version definately offers more all around protection compared to other cases on the market. Maybe that’s why it’s normally a top pick by iLounge.

Posted by Joe on December 9, 2005 at 10:05 PM (PDT)

I agree with Joe here, because although $35 does seem a little high for a silicone case, I personally want the best for my iPod, and I’m not going to get that through some crappy $15 no name silicone case that doesn’t fit properly with no screen or click wheel protection. I think silicone cases are the best compromise between protection and functionality, and iSkin have consistently offered the best silicone cases, and seem to be doing so even more now if the shuffle and nano duo cases are anything to go by.
I’ll wait for a positive iLounge review, but I think I’ll be getting one for my fraglie new 5G.

Posted by Nuke666 in Melbourne, Austalia on December 10, 2005 at 4:47 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know if this case will work with the DLO Transpod (new version, not the Transpod Direct)?  I am thinking about the TuffWrap or the eVo3 iSkin case - I will choose which ever works with my Transpod!
Peace~

Posted by Jason Girard on December 10, 2005 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

I’ve ordered my frost 30GB case, and don’t regret it a bit.  iSkin makes great cases, and they’re Canadian to boot smile  Sure, US$39 shipped isn’t cheap, but I know the case will fit properly and I have someone to call if I have a problem with it.

I’m SO looking forward to tossing the crap slip case Apple included in the trash.

Posted by Tintin on December 10, 2005 at 2:26 PM (PDT)

$34.95 plus $7.50 shipping…are you kidding me? Thats almost of the price of the damn Ipod! Thanks, I’ll pass…....

Posted by Yuri Ashpole on December 11, 2005 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

I was going to buy one of these cases, but $34.95 plus $7.50 shipping is waaay too much.  I just dont understand how it will be 7.50 shipping for a little piece of plastic.  Im going to wait for the review to even consider buying it.

Posted by Elle on December 11, 2005 at 4:04 PM (PDT)

i have a evo2 skin for my photo and when i take it off, i notice the mirror part is really messed up-looks like some substance rubbed onto it and I cant wash/clean it off…thinkin bout gettin the evo3 but i dont want the same to happen to the back on my new orange 5g!

Posted by willie on December 11, 2005 at 7:44 PM (PDT)

I really don’t see why it looks so bad.. In my opinion, it looks really cool. I have the blue iSkin eVo3 case on order right now. I got the blue headphones to go with it too.

Posted by Frankie on December 15, 2005 at 6:35 PM (PDT)

WHERE’S MY CASE?!?!?!?!  Has anyone received theirs yet?  Mine hasn’t even shipped yet.  I’m P.O.‘d - Next week I would likely have been able to buy one in a store or on eBay for the same or less $.

I’m in Ontario too, probably no more than an hour from iSkin’s offices.  ARGH!

Posted by Tintin on December 15, 2005 at 8:53 PM (PDT)

I am really looking at buying this case but only it if will work with my itrip (dock connector).  Has anyone found this out yet??

Posted by Tabetha Turner on December 28, 2005 at 9:21 PM (PDT)

Great case for my precious 5G but it doesn’t fit into the dock ...so I am constantly taking it off and putting it back on and that is causing little tears and of course dust gets inside it ... too bad.

Posted by Anne on February 9, 2006 at 2:26 PM (PDT)

This case looks great… i am so glad i bought one. I bought mine of ebay for 29.94 shipped and it is well worth it for protecting my 299.99 apple ipod. Just think if you want to sell your ipod in the future i would rather not have it scratched and get the extra 30.00 for it then not have the iSkin and losing the 30.00 because it is to scratched…. great idea!!!!

Posted by Jeff on March 16, 2006 at 5:35 PM (PDT)

Cheapskate here. The though of spending 10% of my video iPod cost for a protector was a big rock in my gizzard. But a friend of mine of similar pecuniary mindset showed me his. So I ordered one. Think of hand in glove. And for those who can’t work the hold/lock switch on the top—practice for 30 seconds. I tip my hat to a company who understands and can suck (BIG sucking sound) $30 from my wallet. Even my kids can’t do that.

NoBias

Posted by iPatch on August 3, 2006 at 8:14 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2