iSkin eXo Now Shipping | iLounge News

iSkin eXo Now Shipping

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, August 1, 2003
News Categories: iPod Accessories

Today I received my shipment confirmation for my new iSkin eXo for my 3G iPod. The iSkin was supposed to ship a couple weeks ago, but was delayed because of quality control issues with the screen protector at the factory.

« “How to make your iPod screen red!”

Syllabus: iTunes and the Technology Beyond MP3 »

Comments

Finally! I’ve been waiting for my eXo iSkin for a while. I pre-ordered it, but did not get a shipping confirmation yet. Hopefully I’ll get one soon as well as the screen protector soon too.

Posted by Outrager on August 1, 2003 at 10:26 PM (PDT)

Ya i hope so too.  I still haven’t got my confirmation also.  Hope it comes today :D.

Posted by Spike. on August 2, 2003 at 9:03 AM (PDT)

am I missing something, or has the eXo not been shipping already?? Or is that only for thinkdifferentstore customers, and iskin themselves only now start shipping?

Posted by spirit on August 2, 2003 at 9:04 AM (PDT)

Haven’t gotten a notice yet but should be soon.  They charged my card back in June.

Have a DLO Jam Jacket but don’t like it.  Hope this will be better.

Posted by Mr Strat on August 2, 2003 at 9:17 AM (PDT)

On their site they have this:

UPDATE:
July 31, 2003
Some orders for the iSkin eXo has begun shipping to customers. A decision has been made to ship the products without screen protectors and send screen protectors separately when available.

August 1, 2003
Screen protectors are sucessfully being manufactured and will be shipped from our factory as soon as possible. More quantities of iSkin eXo are being produced and will be sent from our factory early next week.

We will continue to ship orders as iSkin eXo are received from our factory.

————————————————————————-

It also shows which colors are shipping, and which are backordered.

Posted by mellon23 in Central PA on August 2, 2003 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

All I have to say is…‘bout freakin time!

Posted by Locke on August 2, 2003 at 12:28 PM (PDT)

I used PayPal so they charged me the minute I order. It’s been so long (ordered Jul 14) that I don’t even remember what color iSkin I ordered. hehe

Posted by Outrager on August 2, 2003 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

I am thinking about getting one of these, I also have a DLO Jacket too, wondering if it’s better…

Posted by sse on August 2, 2003 at 3:35 PM (PDT)

I paid with PayPal too.
I preordered about a month ago.
.. still haven’t received shipping info.
But, it’s good to see that they’ve finally started shipping! I can’t wait to receive mine!

Posted by Squibbles on August 2, 2003 at 4:14 PM (PDT)

I ordered last week on Tuesday and it arrived in London on Friday. I think they have it together now. It came from some place in China Shenzen? I just clicked the ad on iPodlounge and ordered caribbean blue and it looks fantastic. I like the zip case too. I think I will get the ice color next week.

Posted by Robert on August 3, 2003 at 3:40 AM (PDT)

Ugh. How come I preordered way before you, and you still receive it first?

Posted by Squibbles on August 3, 2003 at 6:49 AM (PDT)

Yeah, what the hell, I ordered mine like July 1st and you get yours before me!

Posted by Locke on August 3, 2003 at 11:32 AM (PDT)

You got yours within 3 days of ordering?!?!  I ordered mine on June 30, 2003, and all I’ve received are one confirmation email and TWO delay emails.  I also emailed a dissatisfaction email asking for some sort of retribution, but of course, no reply to that!!!

Posted by BluEL in Toronto on August 3, 2003 at 1:53 PM (PDT)

I did too, they sent me some unpersonalized e-mail that had nothing to do with the angry e-mail I sent them.

Posted by Locke on August 3, 2003 at 3:29 PM (PDT)

How nice that they’re treating the pre-ordering customers like garbage. I haven’t received any emails from them, except when I complained that they had exos for sale at MacWorld yet I’d pre-ordered and still hadn’t received anything. They emailed back that people at MacWorld weren’t getting the free useless crap that they’re throwing in. Boo hoo. I don’t want the extra junk;  i just want my cover that should have come over a month ago—and I STILL haven’t received any shipping info anyway. This iSkin company is a pathetic joke and iPodlounge is hurting its own reputation with by being associated with it.

Posted by Dolt on August 4, 2003 at 5:12 AM (PDT)

This just today, on their site:

UPDATE:
August 04, 2003

Some colors of the GLO iSkin eXos are on the way from our factory. Shipment will begin as soon as they arrive. Screen protectors are bing produced and larger quantities will be shipped from our factory early this week.

We are continuing to ship iSkin eXo orders as we receive product from our factory. Customers will be notified of their shipment once it has been shipped.

NOTE: Due to a public holiday (Monday Aug 4, 2003), our couriers will not be shipping today. Shipments will begin Tuesday August 05/03.

Posted by mellon23 in Central PA on August 4, 2003 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

I cancelled my order last week. I’m glad I did. When they have actual shipping product, maybe I’ll reconsider.

They too charged my card right when I ordered it, which I think is horrible business practice.

I bought the Booq PodPag and the BookEndz iPod Wrap…and the combination works perfectly. Couldn’t be happier.

Posted by Scott M on August 4, 2003 at 11:06 AM (PDT)

I like how I received 0 e-mails from them. I didn’t even get an e-mail saying they were delayed. I ordered on the 14th of July. This sucks.

Posted by Outrager on August 4, 2003 at 11:14 AM (PDT)

I finally got a notice that mine had shipped yesterday.  When you check the UPS tracking # there’s something about clearing customs.  What a company!

Posted by Mr Strat on August 7, 2003 at 5:04 AM (PDT)

I got my iSkin yesterday. It was shipped from Canada and it said it was shipped on the 5th and delivered on the 6th via UPS which is pretty fast.  It seems that iSkin is trying to make up for their massive delays.  I also got the little yellow note in the package that said the screen protector would be shipped later.  I love the iSkin so far the belt clip is a little flimsy but it works and the Mac Clear case as far as I am concerned looks like it should be used by a 12 year old Japanese girl, if you add a hello kitty logo it would be perfect.  I won’t be using it ebay here it comes!

Posted by Les Martin on August 7, 2003 at 5:13 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >