iSkin, Inc. Announces all-new iSkin eXo2 | iLounge News

iSkin, Inc. Announces all-new iSkin eXo2

piciSkin, Inc., formally ackNOWLEDGE, today announced the all-new iSkin eXo2 protective skins for 3G iPods. The new exo2 features a stainless steel belt clip, screen protector, beveled holes for button access, integrated FireWire/dock port cover, coated with an anti-static agent, rear heat holes for heat dissipation, anti-slip grip and comes in four colors;  Arctic (clear white frosted), Sonic (vibrant electric blue), Ebony (solid midnight black) and Carbon (dark grey). More colors and glow-in-the-dark series will be added later. The exo2 is available now for $29.99.

« Apple Stores: After-Thanksgiving Shopping Event

McDonald’s 1 Billion Song Promotion Confirmed? »

Comments

Me likey! LOL
i got my Lajo iSkin eXos 2 weeks ago but i`m thinking about iSkin eXo2 allready! Damn my iPod`s gonna get me bancrupt! :D

Posted by Unbeliever on November 20, 2003 at 3:14 PM (CST)

Hehe, I might have to get one of these. I’m starting to have cases in all colors. eXo in Frost, Speck in grey. Now one of these in either blue or carbon/grey.

They look great but I still wish they had something so I can use it w/ the dock. And I wonder if the iTrip will fit on these like it does on my Speck.

Posted by superbalde in San Diego, CA on November 20, 2003 at 3:18 PM (CST)

I’m confused. Lajo offers a product named the iSkin eXo, and this company does too. Are they related or something?

Posted by DrWebster on November 20, 2003 at 3:28 PM (CST)

I contacted iSkin and it seems that the name iSkin and the name eXo was used by both Lajo and iSkin,com before the name split. iSkin.com owns the name iSkin and all other names that were associated with the brand. lajo xskn should not be called the exo becuase it’s not longer an iSkin product.

The iSkin exo2 is the revamped eXo it seemd. So cpompletely understandable.

Posted by GormetSilFwog in Canada on November 20, 2003 at 3:41 PM (CST)

Looks like a nice case

Posted by Lajo on November 20, 2003 at 4:06 PM (CST)

after what i went though with them earlier, theres no way im buying anything from them. yea, it has some features that the exo lacked but theres no way im giving them my money

Posted by bb_dg on November 20, 2003 at 4:23 PM (CST)

who cares about the case…

look at the WEBSITE!!!!!  Great gobs of gooseshit!!!  someone fixed the gawd AWFUL webpage into something useable!!!

it looks like it may even be possible to BUY one of these things now!  I’m beside myself.

Whoever finally fixed it.. THANKS!  my order has already been placed.

oh wait… no… lajo still has that really crappy webpage.  i see in an above comment what has transpired.

oh well, in any case, this is the case i’m buying. tough rocks for lajo.

-steve jobs

Posted by steve jobs on November 20, 2003 at 4:27 PM (CST)

NOOOOO!!!! I just got an Exo and now I want the Exo^2 TOO… NOOOOO I’M GONNA GO BROKE!!!

Posted by Jezzster on November 20, 2003 at 4:37 PM (CST)

Nice Looking case although I wish the screen protector was attached to the case

Posted by JP on November 20, 2003 at 4:50 PM (CST)

And the sheep keep on plucking down 30 bucks for a piece of plasic.

Posted by rdowns in NYC on November 20, 2003 at 4:50 PM (CST)

Wow that does look like a lovely case, great lines! That stainless steel swivel belt clip is just too cool, and for $30 it’s nothing to shake a stick at.

Posted by tao on November 20, 2003 at 5:22 PM (CST)

It looks as if their new screen protector has the iskin logo imprinted on it…

Or at least that’s what I’m getting from the photoshop renderings.

I can imagine that being slightly annoying, having it right on the screen and all…

Posted by prototypechild on November 20, 2003 at 5:38 PM (CST)

Hmmmm I wonder if the silicone is of the same quality as Lajo’s.  My friends all love the feel of the original exo cases.  I do like the blue colour iskin.com is offering though.

Mike

Posted by vanillamike on November 20, 2003 at 6:00 PM (CST)

The silicone I use in my exo case and exo2 is top notch, I have never held it as a secret, the raw material can be bought from Japan by anyone that wants to manufacture silicone cases.

Posted by Lajo on November 20, 2003 at 9:21 PM (CST)

I’m a little confused between the iSkin exo and the exo2.  Both seem to be advertised for 3G iPods?  So the exo2 is just a revamped version of the exo, but both will work with 3G?

Posted by BeardedTacoFish on November 21, 2003 at 3:14 AM (CST)

I’m confused… Could somebody list the differences?

Cheers… Oh just realised I’ve just popped my ipodlounge cherry, it’s my first post!!

~Munki~

Posted by Munki on November 21, 2003 at 5:14 AM (CST)

i just wanted to know if the ishades will fit into the exo2 case?

i dont like the iskin logo on the top left corner and wanted to replace it with an ishade.

Posted by Phil on November 21, 2003 at 6:11 AM (CST)

The only upside to this is the beveled button holes, best I can tell, as the holes on the original make it impossible to use sometimes—like the hole around the locking switch.

Last time, they took 3 months to deliver what they promised after they took my money. Being that sequels are always bigger, maybe this time they’ll take 6 months to pony up what they owe buyers. Avoid these losers like the plauge.

Posted by Dolt on November 21, 2003 at 7:58 AM (CST)

Nice case, I might like one, but $30 seems a bit much.

Posted by jcs on November 21, 2003 at 8:52 AM (CST)

yeah I agree, even if I like the case the way I was treated at iskin.com will keep me from even thinking about ordering.  You can call a piece of crap a rose but good luck making it smell like one.

Mike

Posted by vanillamike on November 21, 2003 at 9:07 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >