iSkin, Inc. Releases Statement on REVOClip Problem | iLounge News

iSkin, Inc. Releases Statement on REVOClip Problem

“iSkin Inc. acknowledges that some of its iSkin eXo2 customers are experiencing a problem with their REVOClip disc pegs becoming dislodged. This problem has been reported to our product development team and is being addressed at the point of manufacturing.

iSkin Customers who have experienced this problem are asked to contact iSkin Inc., via email at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) to arrange for a replacement REVOClip disc. Please use the subject

Comments

Right now I would like to buy the exo original at $25 you have such a good price. Could you tell me are you selling the exo original with the same TPU case give away as on other sites or is it PVC case look alike?  I live in Quebec, how much does it cost to ship it to me.  I really like bubble gum

Posted by iPodBob on December 6, 2003 at 12:37 AM (CST)

I’d actually recommend getting the PVC clear case instead of the softer TPU case. The PVC case is clearer and is more durable than the TPU case. The TPU case is too grippy when you have your iPod in the eXo sleeve, and it’s hard to get it in and out of the TPU clear case. The PVC case is much easier to get the exo’d iPod in and out.

Posted by renderboy on December 6, 2003 at 1:51 AM (CST)

Oops. Forgot to mention that you can get the Bubble Gum colored exo with clear PVC case here http://www.iskin.com/ for $24.99. One of the better prices I’ve seen so far on these. Cheers.

Posted by renderboy on December 6, 2003 at 1:58 AM (CST)

Thanks for the notice
What are the signs that we should watch for?
Should we send the clip back to you to examine for defects?
If we send it back to you who covers the costs?

Posted by exo2 owner on December 6, 2003 at 4:07 AM (CST)

I dont think they are asking for you to return it. Maybe when you contact they they will advise how to handle the replacement.

Posted by DVS on December 6, 2003 at 10:35 AM (CST)

If you have a defective belt disc contact them via email as stated in the release. Sounds like they just might send discs out directly. Not sure though. Better to ask them about this.
____

“Skin Customers who have experienced this problem are asked to contact iSkin Inc., via email at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) to arrange for a replacement REVOClip disc. Please use the subject

Posted by renderboy on December 6, 2003 at 1:30 PM (CST)

Does the owner of iskin.com recommend that we continue to use their current belt clip or should be stop using it until they produce their new belt clip?  I would like to hear from someone that is in the know.

Posted by ipodmetoo on December 6, 2003 at 10:51 PM (CST)

Give the iskin company a chance to reply today is Sunday and they must be closed.

Posted by Mark on December 6, 2003 at 11:06 PM (CST)

It would only take a moment for iskin to clear everything up just post some clear answers to:
1 Current case owners should use the current belt clip or wait until for the new clip
2 When will the new clips be available
3 Exchange of current clips, who will cover the cost of delivery?
4 Do they want the old clip back to make the exchange?
5 Are the current cases sold with the old clip or the new clip?
6 In their announcement they write stubs which stubs are the danger stubs to watch out for?

Lets wait for Monday

Posted by ipodmetoo on December 7, 2003 at 12:36 AM (CST)

Please post a link to the page where there is mention of a new improved clip.

It is my understanding, from the iSkin.com press release, that only some of the existing customers are experiencing problems with the REVO clip and that iSkin is addressing this issue at the point of manufacturing and providing replacements for those that respond the iSkin via email as instructed.

I don’t see any information on a new improved REVO clip anywhere in the release or on their website. I think you’ve mistaken their comment to address quality control as a comment for a new clip.

iSkin.com is addressing quality control with the useful feedback they’ve got from their customers. I applaud them for their public responsiveness.

I have an iSkin eXo 2 case that I purchased from iSkin.com, and I find the new REVO belt clip design to be a quality piece of engineering. It’s low profile,  lockable, made of lightweight and durable brushed stainless steel, and is totally removable, leaving you with a nice flat case with only the silicone sleeve.

Your best bet to get a swift answer to your very deatiled 6 questions is to email them, as they made very clear in the press release. All my emails to them have been addressed in a timely manner.

If your belt clip has been working well for you, chances are it’s not defective.

Posted by renderboy on December 7, 2003 at 7:00 AM (CST)

Renderboy you seem to have a direct line to iskin.com and maybe you can get and give us the following answers about their current announced belt clip problem.

1 Should current exo2 owners continue to use the current belt clip or wait for the new clip/clip piece to be made?
2 When will the new clip/clip piece be available
3 Exchange of current clip/clip piece, who will cover the cost of delivery?
4 Do they want the old clip/clip piece back to make the exchange?
5 Are the current cases sold with the old clip or the new clip?

I wish iskin.com could reply to questions about their product as fast as you do for them.

Posted by ipodmetoo on December 7, 2003 at 6:24 PM (CST)

renderboy doesn’t have any connection w/iSkin ipodmetoo.

Adam
iPodlounge Forum Mod

Posted by ashawley on December 7, 2003 at 8:45 PM (CST)

ipodmetoo, I’m just an eXo obssessed case buyer, and buy my cases (from iSkin.com and Lajo.biz) the same as everyone else. I have a puny checking acct. to prove it.

Enough about me, let’s get back on topic and wait for iSkin to address the emails they receive. Someone can post their reply here hopefully.

Posted by renderboy on December 7, 2003 at 9:07 PM (CST)

Sorry renderboy I got confused because you were posting a reply to every question directed at iskin.com. I am sure the iSkin.com staff reads this forum so I will wait for them to post a reply here.

Posted by ipodmetoo on December 7, 2003 at 9:12 PM (CST)

(check this topic in the case forum) ISkin.com exo2 belt clip problem Q/A

A few days ago iskin.com posted a notice on the front page of iPodlounge and stated that they are having a few problems with the nibbles that hold their belt clip together and that some belt clips have failed. There notice did not give too many details and I felt there were a few questions that could use an iskin.com reply.  I posted these question over the weekend but now 3days have passed without a reply, I emailed them today to inform them that there are some questions posted on the forum under the topic (iSkin.com exo2 belt clip problem Q/A) that a member/s have and asked if they could have one of their technical people look at the forum and try to answer these questions.  If you have some questions of your own please post them here.

My questions are the following
1 Should current exo2 owners continue to use the current belt clip or wait for the new iskin clip/clip piece to be made?
2 When will the new clip/clip piece be available?
3 To exchange our current clip/clip piece, who will cover the cost of delivery?
4 Do we have to return the old clip/clip piece back to make the exchange?
5 Are the current cases sold with the old clip or the new clip?
6 In their announcement they refer to stubs, which stubs are the danger stubs to watch out for and what are the signs of a belt clip failure? (posting a picture would be helpful)

Posted by ipodmetoo on December 8, 2003 at 10:44 PM (CST)

This really is not the place for iSkin customer support. This is a comments forum. I suggest you email them directly for your questions and post the response yourself here to share with the rest of us. Since you indicated you’d sent an email with no reply, I’d suggest you check the email address you sent it to and then check the press release email again.

I had my questions about other things answered in 1/2 day today. The follow-up question were answered minutes later! You’re the only one I heard of lately that’s not getting a response. Check the email address you’re using and then check your internet service too.

Posted by renderboy on December 12, 2003 at 12:42 AM (CST)

Help me, I have a sad face on my ipod does anyone know what this means????

Posted by Luis Rodriguez on April 6, 2004 at 11:44 AM (CDT)