iSkin intros Wheel Cap protector for iPod Click Wheels | iLounge News

iSkin intros Wheel Cap protector for iPod Click Wheels

pic iSkin today announced its new iSkin Wheel Cap, a protector for the iPod’s Click Wheel that works in conjunction with the company’s form-fitting silicone-based iPod cases. The Wheel Caps offer “a full-coverage transparent barrier to extend the life of the Apple Click Wheel by keeping it free of dirt, scratches and other damage that may occur from everyday use.”

pic In addition, iSkin said it will offer an imprinted Wheel Cap service, which allows businesses and organizations to print their logos, photo-realistic images, web addresses or marketing message on the iSkin Wheel Cap cover in full color.

iSkin will offer a limited time promotion that includes a free Wheel Cap and free Audible.com download with the purchase of an iSkin eVo2. The company said the Wheel Caps will be available as a separately priced item and in multi-packs in February. Pricing was not announced.

« Mix: TIME, Wendland, shuffle sales, iRiver, McElhearn

Pacific Rim offers discounted 3G iPod cases »

Comments

You really can use the iPod wheel through other materials. I was surprised. I can use mine through both my RadTech sleeve AND my pocket (if thin material) at once! Not just for clicking, but for volume scrolling too.

Knowing that, I’d always want wheel protection.

Posted by Nagromme on January 19, 2005 at 1:39 PM (CST)

The clickwheel will get dirty over time. I put a small leftover piece of Xpel paint protection film that I had bought to protect the front of my car on the clickwheek and it works great.

Posted by Flatso on January 19, 2005 at 3:41 PM (CST)

my clickwheel has become really smooth :(

Posted by wezman2k on January 19, 2005 at 4:01 PM (CST)

they are probably going to be sold at a very high price just like those bloody shades… disappointed..

Posted by frankthetank on January 19, 2005 at 4:11 PM (CST)

i think it’d be cool to have a design on the clickwheel, but i’m sure the price won’t make them worth it. i just cut a piece of PDA screen protector and use that. works perfectly.

Posted by mdwsta4 on January 19, 2005 at 4:37 PM (CST)

iSkin=ripoff

Posted by FluidG4 on January 19, 2005 at 11:04 PM (CST)

Not a ripoff.  All of these types of cases cost about the same.  I bought my first iSkin recently, and the shades were $7.50 with the order.  I think the wheel covers will also be discounted, so, I’ll wait for their availability before I order my next iSkin.

I guess the only real gripe is that you can’t dock the iPod with the iSkin in place.  Good thing I don’t use a dock, huh?

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on January 20, 2005 at 8:55 AM (CST)

Our review of these - and Power Support’s competing 3D Wheel Film - is finished and will be going up very soon. As a preliminary comment, the Click Wheel feels totally fine with the Cap on, and there is no problem whatsoever accessing any of the controls. Power Support’s 3D Wheel Film is going to satisfy more people who actually buy it, but it is also more expensive ($6 per, versus $3 per Cap), which will put off some potential buyers.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on January 20, 2005 at 12:36 PM (CST)