iSkin releases iSkin eVo iPod protector | iLounge News

iSkin releases iSkin eVo iPod protector

piciSkin Inc., today released the iSkin eVo, its new and improved protector for the third generation Apple iPod that the company refers to as “proof of eVolution.” Improving upon the existing eXo2 the new eVo features; a redesigned rotary RevoClip that

« Lajo releases “dock friendly” exoflp case for iPod

iPod, you Pod, everybody iPod »

Comments

sweet!!! a full-thickness skin compatible with itrip/italk!!

new clip looks great, and they listened to us and made the screen protector supports soft!

Posted by kbob on March 26, 2004 at 1:35 PM (CST)

Doesn’t sound that different from their original exo2. And there charging $30 for it.

Posted by Dan on March 26, 2004 at 1:35 PM (CST)

If you’re really interested in protecting the ipod from scratches, it has to be the contour showcase.

Posted by Pigpen65 on March 26, 2004 at 2:03 PM (CST)

It’s kind of frustrating.  I bought an Exo2 and although I’m wholly satisfied with it, my main problem with it was the inability to use the iTrip with it.  I’ll be getting one for my brother most likely and throw another in there for myself.

It’s too bad for Lajo, I was just about to buy a couple exo3’s from him.

Posted by d00d on March 26, 2004 at 2:06 PM (CST)

Now *THAT* is a proper case, shows Lajo to be the LAMER he is.

Posted by k3//L d00dZ on March 26, 2004 at 2:19 PM (CST)

wow, there is beginning to have an insane amount of ipod cases and covers.

Posted by Alan on March 26, 2004 at 2:30 PM (CST)

Okay guys.  Now, if you were me ( I have an iTrip and a 20 GB 3rd Gen iPod) would you buy an eXo3 or an eVo?  The eXo3 costs $9.50.  The eVo costs $30.  I just bought an eXo3, but I can cancel the order.  What do you recommend?  Has anyone bought an eVo yet?

Posted by Zach on March 26, 2004 at 2:50 PM (CST)

It’s annoying that they show a glowing blue, but don’t actually offer one.

I still like the exo3, I found the 2mm thick cases to add too much bulk for my taste.

Posted by lbarkett on March 26, 2004 at 3:08 PM (CST)

I got one for review and I must say it is sweet! Its like this, sure you can by a brandy glass at the dollar store but if you want crystal you have to pony up for better quality. Basically kids its a quality thing. Dollar Store compared to a SoHo Department Store.

Greg

Posted by Greg on March 26, 2004 at 3:08 PM (CST)

I will have one to review shortly. I have an exo3 sonx and think its great, especially combined with the apple case protection, but not that great on its own.

Posted by tippa on March 26, 2004 at 3:28 PM (CST)

lbarkett
“It’s annoying that they show a glowing blue, but don’t actually offer one.”

It looks like the glow versions change color when they glow. The “Ghost” (white) turns Aquamarine Blue: http://www.iskin.com/store/images2/evo/Ghost.jpg

and the “Vamp” (purple) turns Blue: http://www.iskin.com/store/images2/evo/Vamp.jpg

Sheila

Posted by sheilab320 on March 26, 2004 at 3:30 PM (CST)

I hate to sound tight but 30 bucks seems high to me.

Posted by mark davis on March 26, 2004 at 4:50 PM (CST)

Add $7.50 for 3-5 day shipping, and it’s nearly $40 which is how much Apple charges for its lame case.  I just don’t think it’s worth it.

Posted by dethbrakr on March 26, 2004 at 5:01 PM (CST)

Posted by lbarkett on March 26, 2004 at 5:40 PM (CST)

Hey lbarkett….Why don’t you make it then?. He He he

Posted by Baller on March 26, 2004 at 5:56 PM (CST)

These cases ROCK!!

Posted by renderboy on March 26, 2004 at 6:46 PM (CST)

lbarkett: “Ah, I didn’t catch that the “Vamp” turns blue. Oh well, still won’t work for me—I got all the purple I needed in the 80s. I want blue by day, blue by night.”

It’s not blue day and night, but it ain’t purple either - check out Ghost.  White in the day, “Aquamarine Blue” glow at night.

Posted by altcountryman on March 26, 2004 at 7:18 PM (CST)

States that the new clip system is compatible with the exo2.  Has anyone seen where you can JUST ORDER THE CLIP on the site. Happy with my exo2, but an improved clip would be nice.

Posted by gogoman on March 26, 2004 at 7:31 PM (CST)

These cases REALLY ROCK! I am so happy they changed my exo2 metal belt clip and screen protector design. I wonder if these are the replacements they promised us?  I don’t mind buying them but giving them for free to their old customers would be nice, just a thought. Keep up the good work with exo2.

Posted by Jason on March 26, 2004 at 8:07 PM (CST)

Hey, I’m not saying they suck or anything. Just not one in a color that I personally want. I don’t really like the aquamarine, either. I guess there’s just no pleasing me…

Posted by lbarkett on March 26, 2004 at 9:43 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >