iSkin releases iSkin eVo iPod protector | iLounge News

iSkin releases iSkin eVo iPod protector

piciSkin Inc., today released the iSkin eVo, its new and improved protector for the third generation Apple iPod that the company refers to as “proof of eVolution.” Improving upon the existing eXo2 the new eVo features; a redesigned rotary RevoClip that

« Lajo releases “dock friendly” exoflp case for iPod

iPod, you Pod, everybody iPod »

Comments

Now here’s a company that really listens to its customers. I asked for Pink, they delivered. I asked for a better belt clip they delivered. I asked for it to accomodate my iTrip, they delivered. Nice!!!!!! Now where the heck is my credit card.

Posted by ravePod on March 26, 2004 at 10:40 PM (CST)

Meh, still no protection for buttons and scroll wheel, ala Lajo. And they are STILL over-priced. It’s still an eXo3 and PDA screen protector for me!

Posted by saycheese200 on March 26, 2004 at 11:01 PM (CST)

iSkin cases are very expensive. They should lower their price :) 2 pair for $30 is a good price.

Posted by WoW on March 27, 2004 at 3:25 AM (CST)

From the look of it, it has very fragile plastic clip. Make is metal (similar to rivet clip) and its worth 30 bucks.

Posted by WoW on March 27, 2004 at 3:28 AM (CST)

It annoys me. I just got a overpriced iSkin exo2 (blue), and now they have the evo. Damn. The new belt clip, padded screen and the ability to connect things like a iTrip are almost enought to pursuade me to get an evo. If it was ~$15 dollars cheaper I would pull out a credit card. But i’m happy with the exo 2. Now they should make a (silcone?) dock that works with these cases…

Posted by Mauly on March 27, 2004 at 4:32 AM (CST)

WoW if all your looking at is price then buy a Lajo case, but if you’re looking for quality fit, better design, and superior screen protection then buy an iSkin case. The Lajo exo 3 case has covered buttons, no screen protection, no belt clip and an open firewire port - it should be cheaper in price. The iSkin exo and evo has a covered firewire port that the Lajo cases don’t. I’d rather have the covered firewire port any day. It can get damaged easier than the buttons.

Posted by tripleplay on March 27, 2004 at 5:44 AM (CST)

../Waves to the forum, as a iPod N00b..

Wow. Im stoked. I just got my first iPod as a gift this week, birthday (42!!! - damn..how did I live this long??? ) The supplied Apple case is lame, so found out about this site from Tom’s Hardware.

I was going to order a eXo2 yesterday, then came here, found out about the Evo, ordered it yesterday! Can’t wait. (Their site was way laggy yesterday…they got a good response to the release I imagine) Anyhooo…wanted to thank this site for bein’ here, and all the peeps that post info…Im pretty excited!

Posted by XBarbarian in Tampabay, Florida on March 27, 2004 at 8:02 AM (CST)

I like these, but until I can dock it with the skin on I probably won’t get one…

Posted by me on March 27, 2004 at 8:05 AM (CST)

Looks good.  BUT - are these skins still dust magnets?  That was the main turn-off for me.

Posted by RenaissanceGirl on March 27, 2004 at 9:40 AM (CST)

^ True, I find myself barely using my eXo2 because it attracts so much dust and lint.

Posted by Sypher on March 27, 2004 at 9:55 AM (CST)

“From the look of it, it has very fragile plastic clip.”

Oh, so you’re just going to guess it’s fragile because you looked at one picture.  Don’t be an idiot.

Posted by duke on March 27, 2004 at 10:13 AM (CST)

I find that my eXo skin I got in indigo has become dusty and I don’t even use it because of that.

I use my McClear, iPod Sling or Mareware Sportsuit w/ armband.

Posted by iPodite on March 27, 2004 at 1:45 PM (CST)

AGGH!  i just finished ordering my exo3 asphalt a couple days ago, and now the evo comes out!!! the only reason i didn’t go for the exo2 was the damaging screeen protector, and now they fix it. *sigh* oh well, its only 30 bucks more, a small price to pay for ipod peace of mind…

Posted by dsotm on March 28, 2004 at 5:56 AM (CST)

dsotm, you can cancel your order with Lajo if it hasn’t shipped. He’s pretty good about that. He’s pretty responsive to emails.

Posted by tripleplay on March 28, 2004 at 9:11 AM (CST)

If i had to decide beteween the Evo and Exo3, I would defintely go with the Exo3. Mainly, because it is much cheaper and provides more protection. Such as, it covers the scroll wheel and buttons. Plus, you can also use the iTrip with it because it is only 0.2 mm thick.

Posted by Greg L. on March 28, 2004 at 12:19 PM (CST)

Correction 0.7mm thick.

Posted by Greg L. on March 28, 2004 at 12:20 PM (CST)

I just ordered the iskin evo with 1-2 day shipping, and it just arrived and it is AMAZING.  It would be worth 50 dollars to me, and my ipod finally feels safe.  Now I need to buy a griffin italk and itrip to go with it!  Everyone go buy one of these, they are really worth it.

Posted by iskinenthusiast on March 28, 2004 at 12:24 PM (CST)

How exactly do you guys even have EXO3’s? Haven’t they been out of stock forever on Lajo.biz?

Posted by ALBTHERE on March 28, 2004 at 4:02 PM (CST)

I guess I am the only one who doesn’t love the exo2.  It looks great and works great on the go, but it is def. a pain to use in the dock.  Plus it’s heavy and really bulks up the ipod.  The new clip might be nice, but do you still have to slide/pull the ipod out of the case to attach it?  It made it pointlessly heavy to carry around without the clip (if you leave the mounting disk on inside the case).

I have a black exo2 and I like to use it on trips because it’s pretty rugged.  And I’ve never had lint issues.  Being able to attach the navipod or itrip is a major improvement, too.

Posted by amighty on March 28, 2004 at 8:58 PM (CST)

can i use my docking station if i have this case?

Posted by mikeL on March 28, 2004 at 11:31 PM (CST)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >