iSkin releases iSkin eVo iPod protector | iLounge News

iSkin releases iSkin eVo iPod protector

piciSkin Inc., today released the iSkin eVo, its new and improved protector for the third generation Apple iPod that the company refers to as “proof of eVolution.” Improving upon the existing eXo2 the new eVo features; a redesigned rotary RevoClip thatís made of a lightweight, non-shattering polymer, an improved screen protector with soft contact points, and the eVo now allows the connecting of devices like the iTrip by featuring a new thinner top surface with beveled edges. The eVo comes in nine colors including new Ultra-Glo (glow-in-the-dark) skin tones and costs $29.99.

« Lajo releases “dock friendly” exoflp case for iPod

iPod, you Pod, everybody iPod »

Comments

exo3 is out for the 10/15/20 GB sizes and there are starting to be some 30/40 GB added every day.

Mike

Posted by Mike on March 29, 2004 at 4:17 AM (PDT)

mikeL writes:
“can i use my docking station if i have this case?”

Highly unlikely, as all of these “skin” cases add thickness to the iPod and thus will not fit into the Apple dock. The exception is the one skin-type case that has a “flap” on the bottom that allows access for the dock.

Posted by AndyH on March 29, 2004 at 4:53 AM (PDT)

Addendum to my post above…looks like #### just introduced his version of the “flip” case called the “exoflp” case:

Posted by AndyH on March 29, 2004 at 8:59 AM (PDT)

I have the iskin exo2.  I dock it by pulling the bottom of the iskin off and back, through th scrollwheel hole, and plunk it in the dock.  Nice to hear about the iTrip support - that was my main gripe with the case.  Very solid though - I dropped my ipod on asphalt and was fine due to my iskin.

Don

Posted by Don on March 29, 2004 at 12:06 PM (PDT)

Just wanted to pass on some info:

Hello *******,

Thank you for contacting iSkin.

We would like to inform our customers that the new and improved RevoClip and screen protector is compatible with the eXo2 iSkins.  This will be available for purchase late next week.  The existing eXo2 customers will be offered a special price upon ordering the bundle of both the RevoClip and the screen protector.  Please check back with us or simply check our website at [url=http://www.iSkin.com]http://www.iSkin.com[/url] within a week or so for an update.

We apologize for the wait and appreciate your patience at this time.

Regards,
Michelle
———————————————
ISkin Customer Service
[url=http://www.iSkin.com]http://www.iSkin.com[/url]
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by prototypechild on March 29, 2004 at 3:44 PM (PDT)

Looks nice, but too expensive for what you get.

I guess that’s the price you are supposed (expected?) to pay for purchasing Apple products, overpriced accessories.

Posted by VegasRobb on March 30, 2004 at 5:44 AM (PDT)

Would have been nice if they would have released this about a month and a half ago, before I already bought one.  I have an iTrip that I use frequently and couldn’t stand the thought of leaving my pod unprotected outside the house.  So, I modified my exo2 with a pair of scissors.

Posted by Rick on March 30, 2004 at 5:58 PM (PDT)

like most here, i just bought the iSkin exo2. dont get me wrong here. its a very good case but i needed it to be compatible with my iTrip. there for it now has a slight modifacation to the top. guess i cant sell it and buy and evo with the money. o well. i’m getting the evo anyway.

Posted by todd2fst4u on April 2, 2004 at 3:38 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3