iSkin reveals first iPod nano case | iLounge News

iSkin reveals first iPod nano case

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, September 19, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

imageiSkin has provided iLounge with a prototype rendering of its first silicone case for Apple’s iPod nano. The company said the iSkin Duo for iPod nano will be similar to the recently announced Duo case for the iPod shuffle, which features two layers of high-grade silicone protection. The new nano case will also come with an iSkin Wheel Cap click wheel protector. iSkin said it is aiming for an October-November release for the nano Duo case and is expecting to offer it for a retail price of $29.99.

« iLounge at Apple Expo Paris

Harman unveils new iPod accessories »

Comments

what a great way to uglyfy a nano.

Posted by EM on September 19, 2005 at 1:23 PM (PDT)

nice….. but as with all these cases TOO LATE. by the time this comes around my nano will already be scratched.

Posted by mashinhead on September 19, 2005 at 2:13 PM (PDT)

I don’t think there is anything ugly about the iskin (granted I wouldn’t choose the shown color combo).....When it comes to silicone skins, no one does it better than iskin.
  Want to talk butt fugly, you need look no further than the perforated awkward looking POS armband Apple is peddling!!!!!!

Posted by JF on September 19, 2005 at 2:16 PM (PDT)

make it that click wheel red and they got my $30

Posted by andy on September 19, 2005 at 3:22 PM (PDT)

I got iSkin for iPod 4G and I like it… but why pay 30usd for 1 iSkin instead of 30usd for 5 Apple Tubes… are iSkins 5 times better?

Posted by frango on September 19, 2005 at 3:27 PM (PDT)

nano tubes dont offer screen protection and iskins do smile

Posted by andy on September 19, 2005 at 3:47 PM (PDT)

I don’t know about you guys, but that looks like a pretty kick a** case to me.  Just like andy said:
“They go my $30!”

Posted by Chase on September 19, 2005 at 4:33 PM (PDT)

they will undoubtedly have more color combinations by the release date. so if it’s the color your worried about, just wait a couple of months and then make your decision

Posted by wildfyre093 on September 19, 2005 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

Wow, just in time for halloween.

Posted by kloan on September 19, 2005 at 5:17 PM (PDT)

Too Bulky for 2 layers also afraid they will delay the release like iskin wild, That means will release October-November, 2006….

Posted by Bryan on September 19, 2005 at 5:47 PM (PDT)

Okay iSkin, I need this in pink for my girlfriend.

Posted by Zen on September 19, 2005 at 8:06 PM (PDT)

I’ll probably end up paying $50 here in Australia, but as long as it protects my ‘iWorm’(Black 4gb Nano), it’s worth it…

Posted by Stuart on September 19, 2005 at 8:42 PM (PDT)

There goes the sveltness factor!  I have to say, ugly colors.

Posted by Rhomboid on September 19, 2005 at 9:03 PM (PDT)

Only other company that wraps it up better than iSkin would be Trojan, but they are not in the business of protecting iPods.
I have keyboard covers and 10 iSkin cases and since their initial release (after the non scratching screen case was added) I have not been dissapointed with their product, except for the flimsy belt clip that I don’t use anyway.
I would go with the glow in the dark in Ghost color.

Posted by Gunnar on September 19, 2005 at 9:28 PM (PDT)

It would have been better if they made it like the eVo 2 for 4th gen iPods and not like the iSkin duo for the shuffle

Posted by dansgil on September 19, 2005 at 10:19 PM (PDT)

nanotubes are there for protections and not to “andy” my ipod seems to get scratched everywhere except the screen and clickwheel and i carry it naked in my front pocket, so its not really an issue with nanotubes…just get a clear one and it will protect ur nano pretty much completely

Posted by Nomi on September 19, 2005 at 10:20 PM (PDT)

I would like to make sweet sweet love to that. It’s got STUDS for my pleasure and everything! Ooooohhhh yeah!

Posted by Mondayne on September 20, 2005 at 6:19 AM (PDT)

Will it attract dirt like my other iSkin?  Great products, but for as much as they cost, they need a better polymer that doesn’t attract dust and dirt.

Posted by davethetank on September 20, 2005 at 6:19 AM (PDT)

What an ugly skin?  Just in time for Halloween is correct.  Do you really need a skin and/or case for the Nano?  Isn’t it small enough to fit in your coin pocket of your favorite jeans?

Posted by Tchocky in The O.C. on September 20, 2005 at 7:44 AM (PDT)

I want a carrying case i can slip the nano into and out of, i dont want a full time case since it ruins the design imo

Posted by Furq on September 20, 2005 at 8:43 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >