iSkin revo for iPhone now available | iLounge News

iSkin revo for iPhone now available

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, July 26, 2007
News Categories: iPhone Accessories

image

iSkin has announced that its iSkin revo for iPhone case is now available. The case includes a silicone protector, a touch-compatible privacy film, and a ViSOR, a clear polycarbonate scratch resistant guard that snaps to the front of the case to protect the iPhone’s screen. When the iPhone is in use, the ViSOR can be easily clipped to the back instead. In addition, the silicone material used in the case features an embedded anti-microbial agent to inhibit the growth of microbes. The iSkin revo for iPhone is available in six duotone designs — rah, zarah, mojavi, nighthawk, blade, and diablo — and sells for $40.

« iPhone now on display at UK’s Computer Warehouse

Mix: Patent, Apple TV, TomTom, Carbon Fiber »

Comments

I tell you: I am a big, big fan of iSkin and have bought probably eight their cases over the past four years.

However, this one looks chintzy too me.  It’s not very streamlined, and while it sounds like they felt they were solving legitimate problems with the privacy film and the visor, I personally have no use for either of them.

I’m still going to check out this case once they hit the Apple Store, though.  iSkin’s products traditionally have a feel to them that’s unsurpassed, certainly nicer than this inCase I bought.

Posted by dasmb on July 26, 2007 at 2:54 PM (PDT)

Question… there’s a thick piece of plastic that goes over the skin and they’re claiming you can still use the touch screen with this on…. Weird

I’m sticking to iFrogz

Posted by AZ on July 26, 2007 at 3:43 PM (PDT)

Can you get to the dock connector with the iPhone in this case?

Posted by divxz on July 27, 2007 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

I received this in the mail today and I am disappointed. The case itself, as having a plesant feel, is unorthadox and flimsy on the sides. In addition, the plastic visor is plain silly. The look only cheapens the package.

Posted by dieu on August 1, 2007 at 6:08 PM (PDT)

pictures would be great

Posted by trip024 on August 2, 2007 at 8:30 PM (PDT)

I have received mine and although it’s a little pricey, it’s is far better than the incase rubber case, incase leather case the belkin clear case, etc.  (yes, i’ve tried all these).  This case pretty much has everything-Covers the corners. It also has a cover for the dock connector and a flap that goes over the earphone jack-nice to keep those areas covered when not in use-no lint or dust. It also keeps the ear piece sensor clear. I don’t care for the plastic cover-I just don’t use it.
Best case so far IMO, I don’t think it’s flimsy at all.

Posted by nettiPhone on August 3, 2007 at 4:28 PM (PDT)