iSkin unveils Claro case for 5G iPods | iLounge News

iSkin unveils Claro case for 5G iPods

image

iSkin has provided iLounge with a sneak peek of its upcoming Claro case for fifth-generation iPods. The ultra-clear, polycarbonate hard case uses an anti-scratch ClaroCoat technology, and is doubled with iSkin’s Si (“silicone inside”) design, which is a soft inner layer, that fits inside the hard outer layer. iSkin said these inner layers, called Claro Slims, will be available in multi-color packs. The new iSkin Claro also features a belt clip with integrated kick-stand for handsfree viewing and listening. The case sells for $40.

image

« Mix: MyCokeMusic, iPod killing, Netflix, PumpedforSummer

Case-mate debuts Patriot iPod case line »

Comments

Dude….That’s pretty hawt….I might, just might, have to give up my Contour Showcase for that.

Posted by Nick on June 21, 2006 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

Wow thse are definetly going to be hard to get since they are so cool… When do they come out?

Posted by Avi on June 21, 2006 at 10:08 AM (PDT)

I just bought an eVo3 yesterday, and they announce this today. Ugh.

Posted by Evan on June 21, 2006 at 10:17 AM (PDT)

if it really does have an anti-scratch coating, that seems like a damn cool case. but i bet it will cost like $45/$50 with these iSkin prices.

Posted by blahhh on June 21, 2006 at 12:40 PM (PDT)

sssiiiiiiiccccc!!!!

Posted by rms on June 21, 2006 at 1:28 PM (PDT)

The biggest complaint about the Agent 18 VideoShield case I currently use on my 5G is how easily the area in front of the screen scratches.  If this Claro case really IS as scratch-resistant as they say, then I’m switching.  I just hope the belt clip is removable.

Posted by Jeff on June 21, 2006 at 2:23 PM (PDT)

I just want to be able to dock my case or use dock accessories with my case and have it look as good as the Claro or iSee.  Oh well.

Posted by Jonathan on June 21, 2006 at 8:54 PM (PDT)

^ Then the PowerSupport Cases are the best solution for you.  Better case than Agent18 and iSee. And also include 3D-click wheel film for protection. They can be used in the Universal Dock, once the dock adapter’s removed.

Posted by Johnbob on June 21, 2006 at 9:55 PM (PDT)

Is this case 30GB only?  If you go to their page and click “Buy Now” it only shows a 30GB version.

Posted by circeus on June 23, 2006 at 11:53 AM (PDT)

Also was wondering, does it come with a skin to go with the poly part?  Or do you need to buy one of the 3 packs.  Its just not very clear.  I hope they get their FAQ up soonish.

Posted by circeus on June 23, 2006 at 12:01 PM (PDT)

Yeah, they’ve only got the 30GB case right now. The email I got says “The iSkin Claro and Claro slims Packs are available now for the 30GB iPod with video.”

As for the skin.. I’m not positive, but I did find this on the bottom of the page:
“Claro includes a specially treated clarified Arctic slims silicone layer that helps to protect against moisture and scratching yet allows the beauty of the iPod to show.”
I’m taking that to mean it comes with whatever the Arctic colour is (probably the same as the arctice colour for the iskin evo3), but if you want different colours you have to buy one of the 3 packs.

Posted by lightswitch rave on June 24, 2006 at 8:27 AM (PDT)

Got the following info back after I asked iSkin about a 60GB Claro:

“The 30GB size of the Claro for the iPod video is out first in order to gauge
the market for our new line of products. But rest assured, iSkin has not
abandoned our 60GB iPod video clients and will keep you posted on any new
developments that lead to the release of the Claro for the 60GB iPod with
video. Yes the Claro does come with a clear skin and we do provide you with
the option of choosing other skin colors as well.”

Posted by circeus on June 26, 2006 at 3:02 PM (PDT)

this case is insane, looks smart as well as makes your ipod look mint.  I purchased both this one and the eVo3.  Me and my brother switch every now and then.

Posted by Junior on August 5, 2006 at 7:43 PM (PDT)

Maybe they adjusted the design or something because I just got a 5G 60GB Claro, and the hole fits fine for Ultimate ears plugs with right angle end. The hole looks quite big to me, I can’t guarantee it would fit every plug, but I would hazard a guess it would fit most.

Posted by Chris on April 18, 2007 at 8:34 PM (PDT)