iSkin unveils limited edition eVo3 case | iLounge News

iSkin unveils limited edition eVo3 case

image

iSkin today introduced a special new version of its eVo3 case for fifth-generation iPods. The Limited Special Edition eVo3 ($40) features stylings to match the U2 iPod, sporting new finishes previously not offered by iSkin. The dual-colored case features a black body with a new “anti-dust, anti-lint finish” and a red iPod click wheel protector with SlickScroll coating. The Limited Special Edition eVo3 also comes with a tinted, scratch-resistant screen and face protector, and a special black RevoClip2 belt clip. iSkin is also offering a matching pair of Cerulean XLR earphones.

« Logitech AudioStation, Express speakers debut

Radio Disney added to iTunes radio line-up »

Comments

Kinda frustrating to see that they are offering a new dust and lint resistant coating on this model when that is what iSkin claimed they had on the original Evo3 (which I have found not to be true at all). And they should have had a glossy click-wheel all along. Sucks they didn’t have this version available when the first Evo3’s came out.

Posted by Rick on August 16, 2006 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

This case looks freekin’ awesome!

Posted by Ipodking_69 on August 16, 2006 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

Finally, matching earbuds that go with a stylised coloring. Apple should be doing that.

Posted by adam on August 16, 2006 at 11:41 AM (PDT)

i agree absolutly with you rick

Posted by gonzalo on August 16, 2006 at 12:46 PM (PDT)

I agree with rick in that they definatly should have had the coating on previous models or atleast update their products but I am glad to see that even though this is a special edition and it includes earbuds and a belt clip they didn’t jack the price up to much as I would have expected from case makers in general as of late.

Posted by JuanoTejano on August 16, 2006 at 1:53 PM (PDT)

it doesnt come with earbuds it says they are offering the earbuds cost only 15$ extra instead of the normal 30$

Posted by killa on August 16, 2006 at 2:13 PM (PDT)

I’m trying to stay positive about iSkin, but I bought the black case for my 60GB iPod and when I decided to take it off the other day I found permanent scratches/discolorations on my iPod. The iPod literally went from box to case, so it was pristine when it went into the iSkin and much less so now. Maybe they’ve improved…

Posted by JRod on August 16, 2006 at 3:30 PM (PDT)

Aaaargh the agony.  I just purchased another ipod on Monday (U2 Edition) and settled on a clear EVO 3 skin case.  If I would have known this was coming out I would have waited. Time to see if the Apple store will take the case I just bought back.

Posted by VinylPusha on August 16, 2006 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

Limited??? This case should be standard!

Posted by roger767 on August 16, 2006 at 8:32 PM (PDT)

I Agree with Rick, I use my Evo3 case daily
and every day, although I like the case, I curse the lint that I am constantly removing with scotch tape.  As always my timing is spot-on.

Posted by Scott on August 17, 2006 at 9:03 AM (PDT)

this s#*$ is the f#*&#xin;’ bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by cody on August 17, 2006 at 11:54 AM (PDT)