iSkin unveils new cases for iPod classic, nano 3G | iLounge News

iSkin unveils new cases for iPod classic, nano 3G

image

iSkin has introduced its Claro and evo4 Duo cases for iPod classic, and iSkin Duo case for iPod nano (with video). The Claro features an outer polycarbonate shell coated with an anti-scratch technology and a silicone inside design to provide dual-layered protection. The Claro outer shell also features built-in screen protection and a rear belt clip with an integrated kickstand. Inner silicone layers are also sold separately as “Slims” in a variety of colored 3-packs to extend the color options of the Claro. The iSkin Claro is available for the new iPod classic 80GB/160GB and will retail for $40. The iSkin Claro Slims packs will be sold separately for $25 per 3-pack.

The evo4 Duo for iPod classic joins a silicone skin with a full-frontal polycarbonate screen protector. The evo4 also features all-around surface protection that includes the click wheel and integrated covers for the iPod’s docking and earphone ports. It comes with a redesigned removable rotary belt clip. Available colors include Crimson, Sienna, Onyx, Popstar, Electra, and QuickSilver. The iSkin evo4 Duo for iPod classic sells for $35 and is available now. Finally, the iSkin Duo for iPod nano applies the evo4 Duo design concept to a more compact size. The Duo for Nano includes a removable rotary belt clip and adjustable lanyard, and also features integrated port covers for both docking and earphone ports. The iSkin Duo for iPod Nano is available in a variety of colors, sells for $30, and is available now.

« Apple limits iPhone sales: two per customer, no cash

Student’s commercial for iPod touch to air this weekend »

Comments

I don’t buy a case unless it’s iSkin. Seriously, they’ve studied the iPod’s form down to an art. Their cases are the best. I’ve got and iSkin Duo for my Nano and an iSkin Revo3 for my 5.5G iPod. If I get a Classic, I’ll definitely pick this up as well.

Posted by ddsd on October 26, 2007 at 5:16 PM (PDT)

Looks great, unfortunately, iskin.com only use UPS for delivery, which is a SCAM, especially for those ordering from Canada. Expect to pay upwards of 50% of your items cost in fees when UPS tries to deliver. I was ready to order 2, but had to cancel due to UPS being the only shipping method.

Posted by spatzi on October 26, 2007 at 8:02 PM (PDT)

I ordered my iSkin Cases from the online Apple Store, though I can’t remember who delivered them. These haven’t made it to the Apple Store yet, though.

Posted by ddsd on October 26, 2007 at 9:07 PM (PDT)

I just ordered a nano duo in red. i just wish they’d make a mini claro (nano claro?) because that case is pretty sweet.

but the duo looks great, too. smile

Posted by ssds on October 26, 2007 at 10:51 PM (PDT)

I have to say that this does not look as slick as the EVO3.  The Visor etc. does not look as integrated.  With the EVO3 it sometimes amazes me how well fitting everthing is.  This seems to have to many hard edges and clips etc.

Posted by jagger on October 26, 2007 at 11:09 PM (PDT)

It took almost 2 months for that?

Posted by beiler on October 27, 2007 at 11:47 AM (PDT)

About time, I’d say…I also don’t get cases for my iPods unless they’re from iSkin, and I’ve been waiting for what seems forever for them to get the new cases out. Finally, my 160GB Classic will have its proper case!

Posted by dskatte on October 27, 2007 at 11:53 AM (PDT)

I don’t like the colors for the new iSkins there needs to be a green of some sort.

I really love iSkin but ,come on, green has to be a color selection before i even consider buying a new iPod case.

Posted by Kyle on October 27, 2007 at 1:30 PM (PDT)

I’ve been hooked on iskin since I bought my first one back with my second gen iPod.  The unfortunate thing with the company is that their customer service is some of the worst you’ll ever experience, so good luck if you ever have a problem.  Also, the shipping fees/options are ridiculous.  An almost $10 charge on top of a $35 case is, at best, robbery.

Posted by vwtouaregMike on October 27, 2007 at 6:22 PM (PDT)

iSkin=teh shiznit

Posted by Flippy Hambone on October 27, 2007 at 10:09 PM (PDT)

Beautiful case, but almost $45.00 when all is said and done.

I’m not buying it . . .

Posted by Happy Gilmore on October 29, 2007 at 6:48 AM (PDT)

I just replaced my old 3G iPod (with iSkin case) with a Classic and am considering my options.

With the evo4, I’m a bit concerned about fat headphone jacks fitting through the port cover; does anyone know how wide that hole is?  I also miss having a glow-in-the-dark cover; it seems like they’re not offering it this time around hmmm

Posted by Jon H. on November 15, 2007 at 3:09 PM (PDT)